‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Rosa Salazar, Keiynan Lonsdale and More to Join Shailene Woodley and Theo James
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 11, 2014 12:07 PM EST
"Insurgent" finds its Lynn and Uriah. The official Twitter account of "Divergent" confirmed the recent casting of "Parenthood" star Rosa Salazar and Australian actor Keiynan Lonsdale, both officially set to join Shailene Woodley and Theo James in the upcoming dystopian movie.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James pose at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California in this file photo taken March 18, 2014.
According to a recent tweet, which can be viewed at the bottom of this article, from the official "Divergent" series Twitter account @Divergent, "Parenthood" star Rosa Salazar has been cast to play Lynn, a Dauntless-born initiate known for her shaved head.
Salazar is best known for her role in the TV series "Parenthood" where she played as Zoe.
The "Parenthood" star is set to join another new addition to the cast of "Insurgent" Australian actor Keiynan Lonsdale, also announced by the official Twitter account of the "Divergent" series. The Aussie actor is set to play Uriah, Lynn and Marlene's (Suki Waterhouse) best friend.
Lonsdale followed Salazar's casting after fans of "Insurgent" showered the "Divergent" Twitter account with requests to cast Uriah. Lonsdale is best known for his role in the Australian TV series "Dance Academy" as Ollie.
Rosa Salazar, Keiynan Lonsdale and Suki Waterhouse are all confirmed to join the Dauntless faction. Dauntless is one of the five factions Veronica Roth created said to be dedicated to courage, bravery and fearlessness.
Salazar and Lonsdale's casting followed Daniel Dae Kim and Naomi Watts' who have also been confirmed to join the cast of "Insurgent" as Jack Kang, leader of the Candor faction, and Evelyn, leader of the Factionless, respectively.
Other new additions to the cast of "Insurgent" that have been previously confirmed are Olivia Spencer (Johanna, leader of the Amity faction), "The Hunger Games" star Stephanie L. Schlund (character unconfirmed, member of the Amity faction) and Jonny Weston (character unconfirmed).
The new casts are set to join the returning cast of the "Divergent" sequel: Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Jai Courtney and Zoe Kravitz.
The "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" is reportedly set for a movie release on March 20, 2015, followed by the third installment "Allegiant, which will be split into two parts set for a 2016 and 2017 movie release.
Here are the casting announcement from the official Twitter account of "Divergent," starring Shailene Woodley and Theo James:
#Divergent Fan Exclusive! You asked. We listened. @KeiynanLonsdale is Uriah in The Divergent Series: #Insurgent! pic.twitter.com/ndXAN6nY68 — Divergent (@Divergent) June 10, 2014
— Divergent (@Divergent) June 9, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown