‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Rosa Salazar, Keiynan Lonsdale and More to Join Shailene Woodley and Theo James
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 11, 2014 12:07 PM EST
"Insurgent" finds its Lynn and Uriah. The official Twitter account of "Divergent" confirmed the recent casting of "Parenthood" star Rosa Salazar and Australian actor Keiynan Lonsdale, both officially set to join Shailene Woodley and Theo James in the upcoming dystopian movie.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James pose at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California in this file photo taken March 18, 2014.
According to a recent tweet, which can be viewed at the bottom of this article, from the official "Divergent" series Twitter account @Divergent, "Parenthood" star Rosa Salazar has been cast to play Lynn, a Dauntless-born initiate known for her shaved head.
Salazar is best known for her role in the TV series "Parenthood" where she played as Zoe.
The "Parenthood" star is set to join another new addition to the cast of "Insurgent" Australian actor Keiynan Lonsdale, also announced by the official Twitter account of the "Divergent" series. The Aussie actor is set to play Uriah, Lynn and Marlene's (Suki Waterhouse) best friend.
Lonsdale followed Salazar's casting after fans of "Insurgent" showered the "Divergent" Twitter account with requests to cast Uriah. Lonsdale is best known for his role in the Australian TV series "Dance Academy" as Ollie.
Rosa Salazar, Keiynan Lonsdale and Suki Waterhouse are all confirmed to join the Dauntless faction. Dauntless is one of the five factions Veronica Roth created said to be dedicated to courage, bravery and fearlessness.
Salazar and Lonsdale's casting followed Daniel Dae Kim and Naomi Watts' who have also been confirmed to join the cast of "Insurgent" as Jack Kang, leader of the Candor faction, and Evelyn, leader of the Factionless, respectively.
Other new additions to the cast of "Insurgent" that have been previously confirmed are Olivia Spencer (Johanna, leader of the Amity faction), "The Hunger Games" star Stephanie L. Schlund (character unconfirmed, member of the Amity faction) and Jonny Weston (character unconfirmed).
The new casts are set to join the returning cast of the "Divergent" sequel: Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Jai Courtney and Zoe Kravitz.
The "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" is reportedly set for a movie release on March 20, 2015, followed by the third installment "Allegiant, which will be split into two parts set for a 2016 and 2017 movie release.
Here are the casting announcement from the official Twitter account of "Divergent," starring Shailene Woodley and Theo James:
#Divergent Fan Exclusive! You asked. We listened. @KeiynanLonsdale is Uriah in The Divergent Series: #Insurgent! pic.twitter.com/ndXAN6nY68 — Divergent (@Divergent) June 10, 2014
— Divergent (@Divergent) June 9, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report