PS4 Games from E3 2014: ‘Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End’ Trailer, ‘Dead Island 2’ with Beta and ‘The Last of Us’ on PS4 Release Date
By Gel Galang | June 11, 2014 11:25 AM EST
As promised for the past few weeks, Naughty Dog has finally given more details for "Uncharted 4: A Thief's End," the latest in the Uncharted series at E3 2014.
A crowd of people gather near the Sony Playstation booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
"The next generation of Nathan Drake is going to be very real and will explore what it means when Drake is forced back into the world of thieves. He will embark on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. It's his greatest adventure yet and will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he's willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves," said Eric Monecelli, community strategist at Naughty Dog over at the PlayStation Blog.
"Uncharted 4: A Thief's End" will be coming to the PS4 at 1080p and 60FPS resolution--and to give a great picture of that, Naughty Dog has revealed that this means the character model for "Uncharted 4" is more than double the polygons of what was seen for Joel of "The Last of Us."
The release date is still a vague 2015, but preorder options are already available through the PlayStation Web site here.
'The Last of Us' Remastered Gets a Release Date
After so many rumours, Naughty Dog has finally confirmed that the award-winning game, "The Last of Us" Remastered for the PS4 will be coming out on July 29.
This was announced over at the Sony E3 2014 press conference, which also detailed that "The Last of Us" Remastered for the PS4 will have a 1080p/60FPS resolution. In addition, there will be higher resolution improvements for the character models, better lighting and shadows and upgraded textures.
"The Last of Us" on the PS4 will also feature the Left Behind DLC, the Grounded Mode difficulty level and the multiplayer map packs like Abandoned Territories and Reclaimed Territories.
As far as progression in the game is concerned, those who have played the game on the PS3 will not be able to carry over their progress in Factions mode, but those on the PS3 will get a supply bonus for progression.
Lastly, the current DLC features that gamers have already purchased for "The Last of Us" on the PS3 will already be available on the PS4 with the remastered version. In the meantime, here is trailer of the remastered version of the title.
'Dead Island 2' with Beta Details for the PS4
The follow-up to the original zombie-infested game is coming, and it will be set in California where the setting has banned leaving the infected area during the zombie apocalypse.
"Right after the release of the original Dead Island, we started working to create a true sequel of our beloved franchise to bring the shared open world survival experience with its visceral close combat, amazing setting and the awesome four-player co-op to a whole new level," said Jan-Eric Lauble, creative producer at Deep Silver, to PlayStation Blog.
"Dead Island 2" will be an open world game where you can fight using handcrafted weapons while following a dynamic combat system, challenges, and new enemies.
However, it seems that Deep Silver also wants to highlight the social multiplayer aspect of "Dead Island 2," where you can share the experience with eight fellow players and survivors.
The beta for "Dead Island 2" is exclusive to the PS4, and along with it comes exclusive content, though there are no details yet as to when the beta will be available.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Destiny’ v. ‘Battlefield Hardline’: The Queen’s Wrath Set And Treasure Cave Spotted; Hotwire Multiplayer Shows High Speed
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?