Ian Ziering Questions Tori Spelling’s Motives in ‘True Tori’
By Anne Lu | June 11, 2014 11:12 AM EST
Tori Spelling’s “Beverly Hills, 90210” co-star Ian Ziering is questioning her motives in airing her reality show “True Tori.” The former “Dancing with the Stars” semi-finalist also confirmed that Tori’s husband Dean McDermott was rude to Jason Priestley during their first meeting.
In an interview with Access Hollywood, the 50-year-old actor, who played Steve Sanders in the ‘90s teen series, wasn’t certain why Tori had to show the drama in her marriage on air.
“I’ve seen clips,” he said, adding that the show isn’t something he would deliberately watch.
“It’s tough to watch. It saddens me to see Tori going through all this pain, that there are kids involved.”
Although Ian said he has “tremendous amount of love” for his friend, he still questions her motive in airing her marital drama.
“True Tori” documents the aftermath of Dean’s cheating scandal.
“I don’t know what to make of it. It’s a train wreck. I can’t explain it because I don’t know the details. I’m just a witness and a bystander, like we all are,” he said.
“It’s like, why is this even happening? Why is this happening on television?”
When hosts Billy Bush and Kit Hoover told him that Tori said she wanted her kids to watch the show in the future so that they would know how they came up with their happy ending, Ian said, “It just seems as there is nothing sacred.”
He continued, “It’s a train wreck and you have to watch it. It makes great television, but I question the motives. Why? Why are you doing this?”
Ian and Tori’s co-star, Jason, previously said in an interview that Dean was outright rude to him when they were introduced.
“I walked over, extended my hand and said, ‘Hi Dean, Jason Priestley,’” he recounted to Us Weekly. “He stared down at my hand, then back up at my face. No handshake... nothing.”
“I witnessed that,” Ian confirmed his pal’s story. “It was kinda shocking. It was a DVD launch party for ‘90210,’ and Jason extended his hand to Dean and Dean didn’t really... there wasn’t a ‘hi, hello’ moment.”
Ian said that he met Dean before and he was always nice to him, that’s why he was shocked by Dean’s rudeness to Jason.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report