'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Brings 'Frozen' Back; Elsa, Anna and Kristoff Soon to Appear on TV
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 11, 2014 10:01 AM EST
From Arendelle to Storybrooke, fans will not be easily letting go of "Frozen" as "Once Upon a Time" (OUAT) creators officially declared that the popular characters Elsa, Anna and Kristoff of the Disney hit are going to appear on TV.
Cast member Kristen Bell poses at the premiere of "Frozen" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California November 19, 2013. The movie opens in the U.S. on November 27.
After series creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis confirmed to TVLine that it was Elsa in the hit Disney animated movie, who appeared in the Season 3 finale of "Once Upon a Time," other "Frozen" characters also joining the cast of "OUAT" Season 4 have been confirmed.
"That is Elsa," Horowitz told TVLine. "We fell in love with the movie 'Frozen' when we saw it, my daughters are obsessed as is Eddy's son."
"It is something that ever since we saw it would gnaw at us, 'Is there a way to fit it into our world?' And we cooked up a way to do it. We pitched the studio and the network and they were kind enough to say, 'Go do it,'" Horowitz added.
Gaining an all-time box office spot at no. 5 with $400.7 million on domestic (32.2 percent) and $844.4 million overseas (67.8 percent), amounting to a total worldwide gross of $1,245.1 billion, according to Box Office Mojo, "Frozen" has proven how famous the movie has been, making the Disney hit a household name.
With the news of "Frozen" officially joining "OUAT," E! Online confirmed that it wasn't only Elsa who's going to appear in the series. Anna, voiced by Kristen Bell, and Kristoff, voiced by Jonathan Groff, are going to be part of the cast, as well.
Elsa the Snow Queen of Arendelle, voiced by Idina Menzel in the hit Disney movie, has been a widely popular character from "Frozen" who is apparently set to become the 13th official member of Disney Princess along with Anna.
With the various reactions coming from fans the moment the news broke out, Adam Horowitz told E! News that "Once Upon a Time" is "not going to redo the movie" as apparently the creators feel that people who have come to love "Frozen" will not want to have the story redone by anyone.
"But what we are going to do, we're not ready to tell you. But what we can say is we're very aware of what we think makes this character from 'Frozen' so special and we want to honor that and make sure that what we do is in the universe of everyone fell in love with this past year," Horowitz explained.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports