'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Brings 'Frozen' Back; Elsa, Anna and Kristoff Soon to Appear on TV
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 11, 2014 10:01 AM EST
From Arendelle to Storybrooke, fans will not be easily letting go of "Frozen" as "Once Upon a Time" (OUAT) creators officially declared that the popular characters Elsa, Anna and Kristoff of the Disney hit are going to appear on TV.
Cast member Kristen Bell poses at the premiere of "Frozen" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California November 19, 2013. The movie opens in the U.S. on November 27.
After series creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis confirmed to TVLine that it was Elsa in the hit Disney animated movie, who appeared in the Season 3 finale of "Once Upon a Time," other "Frozen" characters also joining the cast of "OUAT" Season 4 have been confirmed.
"That is Elsa," Horowitz told TVLine. "We fell in love with the movie 'Frozen' when we saw it, my daughters are obsessed as is Eddy's son."
"It is something that ever since we saw it would gnaw at us, 'Is there a way to fit it into our world?' And we cooked up a way to do it. We pitched the studio and the network and they were kind enough to say, 'Go do it,'" Horowitz added.
Gaining an all-time box office spot at no. 5 with $400.7 million on domestic (32.2 percent) and $844.4 million overseas (67.8 percent), amounting to a total worldwide gross of $1,245.1 billion, according to Box Office Mojo, "Frozen" has proven how famous the movie has been, making the Disney hit a household name.
With the news of "Frozen" officially joining "OUAT," E! Online confirmed that it wasn't only Elsa who's going to appear in the series. Anna, voiced by Kristen Bell, and Kristoff, voiced by Jonathan Groff, are going to be part of the cast, as well.
Elsa the Snow Queen of Arendelle, voiced by Idina Menzel in the hit Disney movie, has been a widely popular character from "Frozen" who is apparently set to become the 13th official member of Disney Princess along with Anna.
With the various reactions coming from fans the moment the news broke out, Adam Horowitz told E! News that "Once Upon a Time" is "not going to redo the movie" as apparently the creators feel that people who have come to love "Frozen" will not want to have the story redone by anyone.
"But what we are going to do, we're not ready to tell you. But what we can say is we're very aware of what we think makes this character from 'Frozen' so special and we want to honor that and make sure that what we do is in the universe of everyone fell in love with this past year," Horowitz explained.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June