Kate Middleton’s Own PR Team Accused of Spreading Fake Pregnancy Rumours to Dismiss Bare Bum Scandal
By Anne Lu | June 11, 2014 9:33 AM EST
Kate Middleton’s fake pregnancy is arguably more positive news than her bare bottom. According to a theory, the Duchess of Cambridge’s PR team spread the rumours of Kate being pregnant with her second child to chase out the scandal her naked bum photo has caused.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge smiles as she meets guests during a garden party held at Buckingham Palace, in central London June 10, 2014. REUTERS/John Stillwell/Pool
The false reports of the Duchess being pregnant with her and Prince William’s second child have been around for months, ever since Prince George was born in July.
However, Kate and William have tried to dispel each one by either saying aloud that George was enough child for them in the meantime, or having Kate drink alcohol during an official event.
All was well again in the world after their Australian and New Zealand tour, with the royal family receiving positive feedbacks from state officials and citizens. Unfortunately, their positive buzz didn’t last long. Photo of Kate’s exposed buttocks has been published first in a German tabloid, then in an Australian paper.
And as if her bare bottom scandal wasn’t enough, the royal family has suffered another PR setback after Kate attended a family wedding at the Dorchester Hotel, which is owned by the Sultan of Brunei.
Some of the biggest names in entertainment and fashion have boycotted the Sultan’s hotel chain around the world after Brunei made homosexuality punishable with death by stoning.
With Kate’s character on the line, her PR team has apparently concocted a clever plan to have the public forget about her bare bum and her Dorchester Hotel attendance: spread an old rumour.
According to Celeb Dirty Laundry, it appears that the Duchess’ own team is responsible for spreading the news of her pregnancy this time around.
Whether or not William and Kate are expecting George’s sibling any time soon, it remains to be seen. However, the gossip site claimed that her PR team are working hard to make her pregnancy the main subject this time.
“Honestly, enough pregnancy rumours would probably do the trick as well, so don’t be surprised if we keep hearing about how Kate and Will are trying for another child right now, or are planning to announce another pregnancy over the summer. Baby watch is the best PR move there is, and celebrities prove that all the time,” the gossip rag reads.
It’s unlikely that Kate is really pregnant, but it wouldn’t hurt to have people talk about it yet again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists