Kate Middleton’s Own PR Team Accused of Spreading Fake Pregnancy Rumours to Dismiss Bare Bum Scandal
By Anne Lu | June 11, 2014 9:33 AM EST
Kate Middleton’s fake pregnancy is arguably more positive news than her bare bottom. According to a theory, the Duchess of Cambridge’s PR team spread the rumours of Kate being pregnant with her second child to chase out the scandal her naked bum photo has caused.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge smiles as she meets guests during a garden party held at Buckingham Palace, in central London June 10, 2014. REUTERS/John Stillwell/Pool
The false reports of the Duchess being pregnant with her and Prince William’s second child have been around for months, ever since Prince George was born in July.
However, Kate and William have tried to dispel each one by either saying aloud that George was enough child for them in the meantime, or having Kate drink alcohol during an official event.
All was well again in the world after their Australian and New Zealand tour, with the royal family receiving positive feedbacks from state officials and citizens. Unfortunately, their positive buzz didn’t last long. Photo of Kate’s exposed buttocks has been published first in a German tabloid, then in an Australian paper.
And as if her bare bottom scandal wasn’t enough, the royal family has suffered another PR setback after Kate attended a family wedding at the Dorchester Hotel, which is owned by the Sultan of Brunei.
Some of the biggest names in entertainment and fashion have boycotted the Sultan’s hotel chain around the world after Brunei made homosexuality punishable with death by stoning.
With Kate’s character on the line, her PR team has apparently concocted a clever plan to have the public forget about her bare bum and her Dorchester Hotel attendance: spread an old rumour.
According to Celeb Dirty Laundry, it appears that the Duchess’ own team is responsible for spreading the news of her pregnancy this time around.
Whether or not William and Kate are expecting George’s sibling any time soon, it remains to be seen. However, the gossip site claimed that her PR team are working hard to make her pregnancy the main subject this time.
“Honestly, enough pregnancy rumours would probably do the trick as well, so don’t be surprised if we keep hearing about how Kate and Will are trying for another child right now, or are planning to announce another pregnancy over the summer. Baby watch is the best PR move there is, and celebrities prove that all the time,” the gossip rag reads.
It’s unlikely that Kate is really pregnant, but it wouldn’t hurt to have people talk about it yet again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS