'Harry Potter's' Tom Felton Talks About New Series 'Murder in the First'
By Diadem Pambid | June 11, 2014 9:26 AM EST
Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint have regularly been on the news since the "Harry Potter" era began. Of course, other stars from the renowned wizardly franchise have been in the news as well. The latest of which involves Tom Felton best known as Slytherin's Draco Malfoy in his latest TNT series, "Murder in the First."
Actor Tom Felton poses at the opening of the Warner Brothers Studio Tour- The Making of Harry Potter near Watford north London
If Daniel and Emma are working hard on their big screen debut films, Rupert and Tom have each been busy with their television series. This would be a first for Tom after starring in numerous films following the success of "Harry Potter."
The TNT series, "Murder in the First" is set to debut Monday night. Set in San Francisco, the series is all about the murder investigation done by two detectives played by Taye Diggs and Kathleen Robertson. Their investigation leads to tech prodigy Tom Felton who has a strong connection to the murder of the victims.
Given this was Tom's first ever US television series, what exactly made him interested in the role of Erich Blunt? In an interview with IGN, Tom talks all about his character and the reasons for saying yes to the series.
"Honestly, the character. The characters had a lot of edgy, dynamic personalities. It's hard, because you're signing up for 10 episodes, and you only get one. Upon reading the first one and saying, "Who's doing it?" and seeing the wonderful names -- not only acting in it but also directing it -- I was like, "This sounds like a no-brainer. Let me just read the next nine episodes, and we'll put our thumbs up." I was told then, "No, no, no. They haven't been written yet!" So I was like, "Well, what's going to happen? How am I supposed to base my decision not knowing?" So I kind of had to be educated on how TV works in the states. But it's been such a pleasant experience. I feel like I really landed on my feet with Steven and Eric, because they've been very open with communicating with me about what sort of character it is," shared Felton.
This isn't the first time Felton has played the part of an antagonist. Fans may recall his character in "Harry Potter," Draco Malfoy, was quite the bad seed. Felton also played the part of the bad monkey keeper in "Rise of the Planets of the Apes."
Catch Tom Felton as Erich Blunt on "Murder in the First" Monday night at 10 pm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales