‘Far Cry 4’ Gets New Gameplay Footage, a Kyrat Edition and New Screenshots
By Gel Galang | June 11, 2014 9:22 AM EST
After so many teasers, "Far Cry 4, the anticipated and upcoming follow-up to the Far Cry franchise, has finally been given more details as Ubisoft reveals some key background to the main character.
Dan Hay, Executive Producer Ubisoft Montreal, introduces the game "Far Cry 4" at the Ubisoft Media Briefing in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
Players will be assuming the role of Ajay Ghale, who is a native of Kyrat and is returning to his homeland in fulfillment of his mother's wish of spreading her ashes in their home. However, he is faced with the newest villain, Pagan Min, who has established his role as a ruler to the land.
Interestingly, Pagan Min isn't your average villain. Just looking at the trailer, where else could you find a villain in a game who is just so happy to see you-the person whose role is supposedly to defeat him?
It's clearly a different vibe from well-known enemy and hothead Vaas; now you have a charming villain who seems bent on giving you a welcome party in his territory, and one who controls everyone around him--just look at how the soldier went from ruthless shooter to, well, dead from Pagan Min's pen in less than a minute.
"It's this weird, uncomfortable refined elegance," says narrative director Mark Thompson in the Ubisoft Blog. "The things that he's doing and the subjects that he's talking about contrast with the style that he does it in."
Perhaps beyond the new terrain that "Far Cry 4" will be operating in, Pagan Min would be another one of the reasons that would make the game something to look forward to. More than hauling guns and weapons, it's shaping up to be a battle of wits and awareness as you gain understanding of the newest villain to boot.
The Co-Op Adventure with a Friend
In this open-world adventure of the single player campaign, there's already a lot to take advantage of, but what's even more interesting is that "Far Cry 4" will be featuring a co-op experience with a friend.
"Where the co-op in 'Far Cry 3' was a separate experience, the co-op in 'Far Cry 4' will be drop-in, drop-out, allowing a friend to join you in your game world," said Anne Lewis, Communication Specialist, over at the Ubisoft Blog.
This means that you can trek the open-world of "Far Cry 4," where you can do a lot of things, as promised by Ubisoft: riding elephants, dropping explosives and exploring the terrain.
The co-op, according to Videogamer, also gives your other friends a chance to play "Far Cry 4" even if they don't have the game. It's all in inviting them to multiplayer sessions, so even if they don't have a copy, so long as they have a PS4 or a PS3, they can easily join your gaming sessions.
New Screenshots for 'Far Cry 4'
If the new details and introduction of the newest villain of the franchise are not enough, GameTactics has also obtained a few new screenshots of the game.
As seen in the newest set of "Far Cry 4" screenshots, you can see the newest environment, which is located in the Himalayas, as well as some of the animals.
Lastly, there's the Kyrat Edition, which is by far the special edition for "Far Cry 4." According to VG 24/7, you'll have a 7.9-inch figurine of Pagan Min on his throne (all decked in his pink suit glory), all of the contents featured in the Limited Edition, a propaganda poster, a map of Kyrat's world, a Travel journal and a collector's box, all for $12.99.
"Far Cry 4" will be out for the PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and the PC on November 18 for the U.S., November 20 for Europe and November 21 in the U.K.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date