Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update: HTC, LG, Motorola, Nexus, Samsung and Sony Devices Getting New Android OS
By Ryan Inoyori | June 11, 2014 9:16 AM EST
Android 4.4.3 KitKat is out and now hitting devices worldwide. It is now seeding for HTC One, LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Moto X, Moto G, Moto E, Galaxy S4 GPE and Sony Z Ultra GPE. Know the firmware details and bugs that have been fixed by the update.
HTC One Google Play Edition
Both HTC One M7 and HTC One M8 Google Play Editions are now receiving the new Android 4.4.3 KitKat. It is considered as an incremental update that delivers all bug fixing patches for the two smartphones.
Users can simply use the device to update to Android 4.4.3 KitKat by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates then follow the instructions provided. Android developers can also download the latest open source kernel files from HTCDev for create of third-party ROMs running Android 4.4.3 KitKat for HTC One M7 and HTC One M8.
As of now, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 from LG are the primary recipients of Android 4.4.3 KitKat. LG already released the Android 4.4.2 for G Flex and still planning to push the same firmware to other models such as Optimus G Pro Lite.
LG G Pad 8.3 and LG Vu 3 in South Korea received Android 4.4 KitKat which will spread to other territories soon. LG G2 just got its new firmware update from various network carries including Sprint and T-Mobile.
Moto X, Moto G and Moto E users are now eligible for Android 4.4.3 KitKat after the company announced the firmware rollout. It is currently available for Moto X T-Mobile users, Moto G users who bought online in the U.S. and at retail stores in Brazil, and Moto E users who bought online in the U.S.
Motorola detailed what users will enjoy on the newest Android firmware version:
- Improved camera image quality such as consistency of exposure, more realistic flash colouring and improved photos under low-light scenes.
- Pause and resume for video recording on Moto X and Moto G.
- Motorola Alert for Moto X and Moto G smartphones.
Google Nexus Line
As usual, Nexus smartphones and tablets are the first to get the latest update from Google. Android 4.4.3 KitKat is now available for LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5, ASUS Nexus 7 2013 and Galaxy Nexus 10.
Android 4.4.3 KitKat include fixes for various known bugs on Android 4.4.2 such as "mm-qcamera-daemon", HDR and camera focus, Bluetooth app, random reboots, MMS, email and exchange sync, missed call LED and Internet telephony.
Owners can download the firmware wirelessly by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition and Galaxy S4 I9505G running vanilla stock ROM are the first on the list of Android 4.4.3 KitKat update. The firmware has been pushed via Over the Air process and features all major bug fixes found on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Other devices expected to receive the next firmware includes the Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S4 LTE-According to reports from SamMobile. The smartphones are currently under testing phase for TouchWiz UI and various Samsung Galaxy S apps.
There is no confirmation yet for Galaxy S3 4G-LTE and Galaxy Note 2 regarding Android 4.4.3 KitKat update.
Right now, Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition is receiving the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat which also contains the same patches found on other smartphone running the same firmware. Sony Mobile is currently focused on releasing Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia Z series and the next batch consisting Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1.
Sony Mobile is still silent regarding Android 4.4.3 KitKat with Xperia Home UI and it is not clear if the company will decide on jumping Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet to the upcoming Android version this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June