Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update: HTC, LG, Motorola, Nexus, Samsung and Sony Devices Getting New Android OS
By Ryan Inoyori | June 11, 2014 9:16 AM EST
Android 4.4.3 KitKat is out and now hitting devices worldwide. It is now seeding for HTC One, LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Moto X, Moto G, Moto E, Galaxy S4 GPE and Sony Z Ultra GPE. Know the firmware details and bugs that have been fixed by the update.
HTC One Google Play Edition
Both HTC One M7 and HTC One M8 Google Play Editions are now receiving the new Android 4.4.3 KitKat. It is considered as an incremental update that delivers all bug fixing patches for the two smartphones.
Users can simply use the device to update to Android 4.4.3 KitKat by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates then follow the instructions provided. Android developers can also download the latest open source kernel files from HTCDev for create of third-party ROMs running Android 4.4.3 KitKat for HTC One M7 and HTC One M8.
As of now, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 from LG are the primary recipients of Android 4.4.3 KitKat. LG already released the Android 4.4.2 for G Flex and still planning to push the same firmware to other models such as Optimus G Pro Lite.
LG G Pad 8.3 and LG Vu 3 in South Korea received Android 4.4 KitKat which will spread to other territories soon. LG G2 just got its new firmware update from various network carries including Sprint and T-Mobile.
Moto X, Moto G and Moto E users are now eligible for Android 4.4.3 KitKat after the company announced the firmware rollout. It is currently available for Moto X T-Mobile users, Moto G users who bought online in the U.S. and at retail stores in Brazil, and Moto E users who bought online in the U.S.
Motorola detailed what users will enjoy on the newest Android firmware version:
- Improved camera image quality such as consistency of exposure, more realistic flash colouring and improved photos under low-light scenes.
- Pause and resume for video recording on Moto X and Moto G.
- Motorola Alert for Moto X and Moto G smartphones.
Google Nexus Line
As usual, Nexus smartphones and tablets are the first to get the latest update from Google. Android 4.4.3 KitKat is now available for LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5, ASUS Nexus 7 2013 and Galaxy Nexus 10.
Android 4.4.3 KitKat include fixes for various known bugs on Android 4.4.2 such as "mm-qcamera-daemon", HDR and camera focus, Bluetooth app, random reboots, MMS, email and exchange sync, missed call LED and Internet telephony.
Owners can download the firmware wirelessly by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition and Galaxy S4 I9505G running vanilla stock ROM are the first on the list of Android 4.4.3 KitKat update. The firmware has been pushed via Over the Air process and features all major bug fixes found on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Other devices expected to receive the next firmware includes the Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S4 LTE-According to reports from SamMobile. The smartphones are currently under testing phase for TouchWiz UI and various Samsung Galaxy S apps.
There is no confirmation yet for Galaxy S3 4G-LTE and Galaxy Note 2 regarding Android 4.4.3 KitKat update.
Right now, Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition is receiving the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat which also contains the same patches found on other smartphone running the same firmware. Sony Mobile is currently focused on releasing Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia Z series and the next batch consisting Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1.
Sony Mobile is still silent regarding Android 4.4.3 KitKat with Xperia Home UI and it is not clear if the company will decide on jumping Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet to the upcoming Android version this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?