Hillary Clinton Says Julia Gillard Was a Victim of Outrageous Sexism; Former PM’s Ex-BF Discloses $200,000 Offer to Lie About Home Renovation Funding
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 11, 2014 8:20 AM EST
The book covers her stint as secretary of state, which gave her the opportunity to meet Ms Gillard who was then PM of Australia. She described Ms Gillard as having battled outrageous sexism, which the former first lady wrote should not be tolerated in any country, reports Brisbane Times.
When the two powerful women met in Perth in 2012, Ms Clinton gave the PM some advice on how to confront her detractors and address sexism. It was probably some of the advice that she later used when Ms Gillard confronted then Opposition leader Tony Abbott in Parliament and accused him of misogyny.
Ms Clinton's belief that the male politicians were belittling Ms Gillard appears to have some truth behind it as Bruce Wilson, the former boyfriend of the PM, disclosed that a lawyer allegedly offered him $200,000 to make false claims that union funds were used in renovations of her home in the 1990s.
The alleged offer came out as part of an ongoing Royal Commission investigation into trade unions. Wilson's statement, leaked to ABC, named lawyer Harry Nowicki as the one who offered him the money as part of a well-funded "Get Gillard Campaign."
Nowicki had admitted that he met Wilson and media agent Max Markson, but said the purpose of the meeting was to discuss buying Wilson's story. The lawyer also admitted offering to pay for Wilson's hotel room in Sydney.
Wilson is scheduled to appear before the commission on Thursday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Australia's Renewable Energy Industry Braces for Removal of Support
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How