Arsenal FC Transfer News: Madrid Boss Confirms Gunners-Linked Striker Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 10, 2014 11:26 PM EST
Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelloti has confirmed that Arsenal-linked striker Alvaro Morata will be moving out of the Bernabeu this summer.
“The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it.” - Carlo Ancelloti on Alvaro Morata
The 21-year-old was supposed to move, on loan, to the Emirates last January, but negotiations fell through.
He has made a total of 34 appearances for the Los Blancos in all competitions this season, but only managed to get the starting nod six times.
"The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it," Ancelloti told Sky Sports.
However, it is suggested that the promising youngster, who came through the ranks at Madrid, will not be sold without strings attached as a buy-back clause is to be incorporated in his contract.
"If he gets the chance to play it will be good for him to have those opportunities for a year," he added.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Sport on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS