Arsenal FC Transfer News: Madrid Boss Confirms Gunners-Linked Striker Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 10, 2014 11:26 PM EST
Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelloti has confirmed that Arsenal-linked striker Alvaro Morata will be moving out of the Bernabeu this summer.
“The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it.” - Carlo Ancelloti on Alvaro Morata
The 21-year-old was supposed to move, on loan, to the Emirates last January, but negotiations fell through.
He has made a total of 34 appearances for the Los Blancos in all competitions this season, but only managed to get the starting nod six times.
"The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it," Ancelloti told Sky Sports.
However, it is suggested that the promising youngster, who came through the ranks at Madrid, will not be sold without strings attached as a buy-back clause is to be incorporated in his contract.
"If he gets the chance to play it will be good for him to have those opportunities for a year," he added.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Sport on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal