Arsenal FC Transfer News: Madrid Boss Confirms Gunners-Linked Striker Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 10, 2014 11:26 PM EST
Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelloti has confirmed that Arsenal-linked striker Alvaro Morata will be moving out of the Bernabeu this summer.
“The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it.” - Carlo Ancelloti on Alvaro Morata
The 21-year-old was supposed to move, on loan, to the Emirates last January, but negotiations fell through.
He has made a total of 34 appearances for the Los Blancos in all competitions this season, but only managed to get the starting nod six times.
"The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it," Ancelloti told Sky Sports.
However, it is suggested that the promising youngster, who came through the ranks at Madrid, will not be sold without strings attached as a buy-back clause is to be incorporated in his contract.
"If he gets the chance to play it will be good for him to have those opportunities for a year," he added.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Sport on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports