Arsenal FC Transfer News: Madrid Boss Confirms Gunners-Linked Striker Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 10, 2014 11:26 PM EST
Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelloti has confirmed that Arsenal-linked striker Alvaro Morata will be moving out of the Bernabeu this summer.
“The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it.” - Carlo Ancelloti on Alvaro Morata
The 21-year-old was supposed to move, on loan, to the Emirates last January, but negotiations fell through.
He has made a total of 34 appearances for the Los Blancos in all competitions this season, but only managed to get the starting nod six times.
"The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it," Ancelloti told Sky Sports.
However, it is suggested that the promising youngster, who came through the ranks at Madrid, will not be sold without strings attached as a buy-back clause is to be incorporated in his contract.
"If he gets the chance to play it will be good for him to have those opportunities for a year," he added.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Sport on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery