Arsenal FC Transfer News: Madrid Boss Confirms Gunners-Linked Striker Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 10, 2014 11:26 PM EST
Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelloti has confirmed that Arsenal-linked striker Alvaro Morata will be moving out of the Bernabeu this summer.
“The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it.” - Carlo Ancelloti on Alvaro Morata
The 21-year-old was supposed to move, on loan, to the Emirates last January, but negotiations fell through.
He has made a total of 34 appearances for the Los Blancos in all competitions this season, but only managed to get the starting nod six times.
"The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it," Ancelloti told Sky Sports.
However, it is suggested that the promising youngster, who came through the ranks at Madrid, will not be sold without strings attached as a buy-back clause is to be incorporated in his contract.
"If he gets the chance to play it will be good for him to have those opportunities for a year," he added.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Sport on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2