Liverpool FC Transfer News: Madrid Boss Reacts to Reds Striker Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 10, 2014 10:49 PM EST
Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelloti reacted calmly when the link involving Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was brought up.
The Reds hitman is heavily rumoured to be wanted by the Bernabeu hierarchy following a PFA Player of the Year-winning term with the Merseysiders, helping them get back to the Champions League by contributing 31 goals and 24 assists in all competitions.
“Suarez is a fantastic player but it would be a lack of respect to talk about signings at this stage.” - Carlo Ancelloti on Luis Suarez
"Suarez is a fantastic player but it would be a lack of respect to talk about signings at this stage," Ancelloti told Sky Sports.
However, the Los Blancos mentor implied that it will only take the best to improve his core attacking options, which is composed of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, and Karim Benzema
"It is difficult to improve what we have in attack," he added.
The Uruguay hitman has a market value of £46million, but it will take more than the aforementioned price to convince Liverpool to sell their star man.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Sport on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider