'Sherlock' Season 4 Premiere Date, Delay Reasons: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman Busy with 'The Hobbit'
By Sonalee singh | June 10, 2014 7:14 PM EST
"Sherlock" Season 4 is speculated to air in 2016. Though the fans of the show can't wait for the new season, going by the past record it is no surprise that the BBC series would air after a gap of two years. "Sherlock" season 1 aired in 2010, "Sherlock" season 2 aired in 2012 and season 3 aired in 2014.
According to show writer Steven Moffat there is no concrete news about the premiere of Sherlock Season 4.
"I have no idea," Moffat said about the season's premiere in his interview to IGN, adding, "Sue's working on the schedules right now. I just started with Capaldi on the new series of Doctor Who. You know, we'll do what we can, but with no sacrifice in quality -- that's the thing. If people have to wait two years, they'll have to wait two years. When's the next James Bond film? You know, it's not that kind of show that turns up all the time. It's just not. But the good news is, that probably means it will turn up sporadically for a very, very long while."
Moreover, it also being said that the main cast of "Sherlock" Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are busy with the movie "The Hobbit." The two have been casted together in the movie and there busy schedules is one of the reasons why there can be delay in "Sherlock" Season 4 premiere date.
Cumberbatch plays the character of Smaug in "The Hobbit" and he talked about his character in his interview to Ryan Lambie of Den of Geek.
"He's just legendary in the world of The Hobbit, and he is the ultimate dragon. He's an extraordinary creation in the book. And what we've all managed to achieve - especially the people at WETA, the post-production and sound facilities in Wellington - is extraordinary. It's another leap forward in cinema, as Gravity was - an environment you can believe in totally, and with the 48 [frames per second] it's extraordinarily real."
Meanwhile, Freeman would be seen playing Bilbo Baggins in the "The Hobbit."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?