Cara Delevigne Wows on Acting Debut Despite Being Terrified, Co-Star Sylvia Syms Her Biggest Supporter
By Annie Dee | June 10, 2014 6:12 PM EST
Cara Delevigne is set to showcase her acting skills on her TV acting debut on June 19. However, a trailer of the British movie-made-for-TV she stars in circulated recently, allowing fans to catch a glimpse of what she can offer outside her modeling career.
Cara Delevingne presents the Cara Delevingne Collection by Mulberry during London Fashion Week February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Olivia Harris
In the new drama, Delevinge will play Chloe, a young lady who feels forced to take care of her great-grandmother, Alice, played by enigmatic actress Sylvia Syms while her mother and grandmother go on a cruise. Adding to her stress is the fact that her beloved fiancé is serving a term of duty in Afghanistan. Fear for her beloved's fate made her cherish the moments with her great-grandmother, who experienced the same fate.
Syms, 80, cannot be any more enamored with Cara. She even compares her to Audrey Hepburn.
"She is real and an absolute joy to work with. I was told I was going to work with a model and I had never heard of her but I literally fell in love with her on the first day. The other girl I loved was Audrey Hepburn," shared Syms to the Evening Standard.
Syms also served as Cara's mentor and inspiration.
''It gave me a lot of confidence to be honest because I was horrifically terrified," Cara admitted. "It kind of meant so much to me... I mean she's an incredible actress and to be able to watch her and even for a minute get her say to me she thought my performance was great, it's too much. I couldn't have asked for anything better."
Apparently, Cara being nervous is incomprehensible for Sylvia.
"I worked with a lovely girl called Audrey Hepburn," she explained to Vanity Fair. "The camera loved her, and she was natural in front of the camera. And this girl's got the same thing. I don't say that because I was paid to do the job, I say that because she has it. Some people have it," Entertainment Wise reports.
As for Cara's life outside the camera, recent reports confirmed Cara Delevigne and "Fast and Furious" Star, Michelle Rodriguez split because things were moving too fast and the latter was not ready for a long term relationship, the Nation claimed.
"Cara really cares for Michelle, but wasn't sure she was ready for a long-term commitment. Michelle wanted to get them a place in LA and Cara felt it was moving too fast," the report added. It seems like Cara did prioritize her career first and is now enjoying the fruits of her labor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June