Tracy Morgan Car Accident, Truck Driver Reportedly Tweets: ‘It’s my road... move or get hit’ Plus Not Having Slept in 24 Hours
By Tarun Mazumdar | June 10, 2014 5:59 PM EST
The driver of the truck that crashed into Tracy Morgan's limo reportedly tweeted about his ways on the road. Also, latest police report suggested that he was awake for 24 hours.
"Trying to win more than lose! Driving trucks for a living. It's my road. Move or get hit! #Walmart," tweeted truck driver Kevin Roper, obtained via TMZ.
Meanwhile, the 35-year-old truck driver is charged with assault by auto and vehicular homicide, reported by CNN.
Also, he hadn't slept for more than 24 hours before the unfortunate incident.
"With regards to news reports that suggest Mr. Roper was working for 24 hours, it is our belief that Mr. Roper was operating within the federal hours of service regulations," said Brooke Buchanan in a statement.
In the deadly crash, James McNair was killed and Tracy Morgan was left critically injured.
On Saturday, the accident took place at 1 a.m. when the truck rammed into the limo on the New Jersey Turnpike.
Due to the impact, Tracy suffered numerous injuries, including a broken nose, a broken femur, a broken leg and broken ribs.
He is expected to be in the hospital for another several weeks, stated publicist Lewis Kay.
Kevin Roper, driver for Walmart, was released on $50,000 bail on Saturday night.
"This is a tragedy, and we are profoundly sorry that one of our trucks was involved," said Bill Simon, president and CEO of Walmart U.S.
"The facts are continuing to unfold. If it's determined that our truck caused the accident, Walmart will take full responsibility," added Bill.
The accident happened on the turnpike in Mercer County. According to Sgt. Gregory Williams (New Jersey State Police), Kevin failed to anticipate slow-moving traffic, at the last minute he tried to swerve and avoid the limo but rammed it from behind. Due to the collision, the limo bus was forced to rotate and overturn.
Apart from the limo, four other vehicles were involved in the accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast