Tracy Morgan Car Accident, Truck Driver Reportedly Tweets: ‘It’s my road... move or get hit’ Plus Not Having Slept in 24 Hours
By Tarun Mazumdar | June 10, 2014 5:59 PM EST
The driver of the truck that crashed into Tracy Morgan's limo reportedly tweeted about his ways on the road. Also, latest police report suggested that he was awake for 24 hours.
"Trying to win more than lose! Driving trucks for a living. It's my road. Move or get hit! #Walmart," tweeted truck driver Kevin Roper, obtained via TMZ.
Meanwhile, the 35-year-old truck driver is charged with assault by auto and vehicular homicide, reported by CNN.
Also, he hadn't slept for more than 24 hours before the unfortunate incident.
"With regards to news reports that suggest Mr. Roper was working for 24 hours, it is our belief that Mr. Roper was operating within the federal hours of service regulations," said Brooke Buchanan in a statement.
In the deadly crash, James McNair was killed and Tracy Morgan was left critically injured.
On Saturday, the accident took place at 1 a.m. when the truck rammed into the limo on the New Jersey Turnpike.
Due to the impact, Tracy suffered numerous injuries, including a broken nose, a broken femur, a broken leg and broken ribs.
He is expected to be in the hospital for another several weeks, stated publicist Lewis Kay.
Kevin Roper, driver for Walmart, was released on $50,000 bail on Saturday night.
"This is a tragedy, and we are profoundly sorry that one of our trucks was involved," said Bill Simon, president and CEO of Walmart U.S.
"The facts are continuing to unfold. If it's determined that our truck caused the accident, Walmart will take full responsibility," added Bill.
The accident happened on the turnpike in Mercer County. According to Sgt. Gregory Williams (New Jersey State Police), Kevin failed to anticipate slow-moving traffic, at the last minute he tried to swerve and avoid the limo but rammed it from behind. Due to the collision, the limo bus was forced to rotate and overturn.
Apart from the limo, four other vehicles were involved in the accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks