Tracy Morgan Car Accident, Truck Driver Reportedly Tweets: ‘It’s my road... move or get hit’ Plus Not Having Slept in 24 Hours
By Tarun Mazumdar | June 10, 2014 5:59 PM EST
The driver of the truck that crashed into Tracy Morgan's limo reportedly tweeted about his ways on the road. Also, latest police report suggested that he was awake for 24 hours.
"Trying to win more than lose! Driving trucks for a living. It's my road. Move or get hit! #Walmart," tweeted truck driver Kevin Roper, obtained via TMZ.
Meanwhile, the 35-year-old truck driver is charged with assault by auto and vehicular homicide, reported by CNN.
Also, he hadn't slept for more than 24 hours before the unfortunate incident.
"With regards to news reports that suggest Mr. Roper was working for 24 hours, it is our belief that Mr. Roper was operating within the federal hours of service regulations," said Brooke Buchanan in a statement.
In the deadly crash, James McNair was killed and Tracy Morgan was left critically injured.
On Saturday, the accident took place at 1 a.m. when the truck rammed into the limo on the New Jersey Turnpike.
Due to the impact, Tracy suffered numerous injuries, including a broken nose, a broken femur, a broken leg and broken ribs.
He is expected to be in the hospital for another several weeks, stated publicist Lewis Kay.
Kevin Roper, driver for Walmart, was released on $50,000 bail on Saturday night.
"This is a tragedy, and we are profoundly sorry that one of our trucks was involved," said Bill Simon, president and CEO of Walmart U.S.
"The facts are continuing to unfold. If it's determined that our truck caused the accident, Walmart will take full responsibility," added Bill.
The accident happened on the turnpike in Mercer County. According to Sgt. Gregory Williams (New Jersey State Police), Kevin failed to anticipate slow-moving traffic, at the last minute he tried to swerve and avoid the limo but rammed it from behind. Due to the collision, the limo bus was forced to rotate and overturn.
Apart from the limo, four other vehicles were involved in the accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related