Tracy Morgan Car Accident, Truck Driver Reportedly Tweets: ‘It’s my road... move or get hit’ Plus Not Having Slept in 24 Hours
By Tarun Mazumdar | June 10, 2014 5:59 PM EST
The driver of the truck that crashed into Tracy Morgan's limo reportedly tweeted about his ways on the road. Also, latest police report suggested that he was awake for 24 hours.
"Trying to win more than lose! Driving trucks for a living. It's my road. Move or get hit! #Walmart," tweeted truck driver Kevin Roper, obtained via TMZ.
Meanwhile, the 35-year-old truck driver is charged with assault by auto and vehicular homicide, reported by CNN.
Also, he hadn't slept for more than 24 hours before the unfortunate incident.
"With regards to news reports that suggest Mr. Roper was working for 24 hours, it is our belief that Mr. Roper was operating within the federal hours of service regulations," said Brooke Buchanan in a statement.
In the deadly crash, James McNair was killed and Tracy Morgan was left critically injured.
On Saturday, the accident took place at 1 a.m. when the truck rammed into the limo on the New Jersey Turnpike.
Due to the impact, Tracy suffered numerous injuries, including a broken nose, a broken femur, a broken leg and broken ribs.
He is expected to be in the hospital for another several weeks, stated publicist Lewis Kay.
Kevin Roper, driver for Walmart, was released on $50,000 bail on Saturday night.
"This is a tragedy, and we are profoundly sorry that one of our trucks was involved," said Bill Simon, president and CEO of Walmart U.S.
"The facts are continuing to unfold. If it's determined that our truck caused the accident, Walmart will take full responsibility," added Bill.
The accident happened on the turnpike in Mercer County. According to Sgt. Gregory Williams (New Jersey State Police), Kevin failed to anticipate slow-moving traffic, at the last minute he tried to swerve and avoid the limo but rammed it from behind. Due to the collision, the limo bus was forced to rotate and overturn.
Apart from the limo, four other vehicles were involved in the accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family