Tracy Morgan Car Accident, Truck Driver Reportedly Tweets: ‘It’s my road... move or get hit’ Plus Not Having Slept in 24 Hours
By Tarun Mazumdar | June 10, 2014 5:59 PM EST
The driver of the truck that crashed into Tracy Morgan's limo reportedly tweeted about his ways on the road. Also, latest police report suggested that he was awake for 24 hours.
"Trying to win more than lose! Driving trucks for a living. It's my road. Move or get hit! #Walmart," tweeted truck driver Kevin Roper, obtained via TMZ.
Meanwhile, the 35-year-old truck driver is charged with assault by auto and vehicular homicide, reported by CNN.
Also, he hadn't slept for more than 24 hours before the unfortunate incident.
"With regards to news reports that suggest Mr. Roper was working for 24 hours, it is our belief that Mr. Roper was operating within the federal hours of service regulations," said Brooke Buchanan in a statement.
In the deadly crash, James McNair was killed and Tracy Morgan was left critically injured.
On Saturday, the accident took place at 1 a.m. when the truck rammed into the limo on the New Jersey Turnpike.
Due to the impact, Tracy suffered numerous injuries, including a broken nose, a broken femur, a broken leg and broken ribs.
He is expected to be in the hospital for another several weeks, stated publicist Lewis Kay.
Kevin Roper, driver for Walmart, was released on $50,000 bail on Saturday night.
"This is a tragedy, and we are profoundly sorry that one of our trucks was involved," said Bill Simon, president and CEO of Walmart U.S.
"The facts are continuing to unfold. If it's determined that our truck caused the accident, Walmart will take full responsibility," added Bill.
The accident happened on the turnpike in Mercer County. According to Sgt. Gregory Williams (New Jersey State Police), Kevin failed to anticipate slow-moving traffic, at the last minute he tried to swerve and avoid the limo but rammed it from behind. Due to the collision, the limo bus was forced to rotate and overturn.
Apart from the limo, four other vehicles were involved in the accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]