'I Wanna Marry Harry' - Prince Harry Look-alike Speaks on Phenomenal Prince Lifestyle
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 10, 2014 5:57 PM EST
Prince Harry look-alike Matt Hicks seems to enjoy the phenomenal prince lifestyle he projects in Fox' new competitive reality television show "I Wanna Marry Harry."
In "I Wannna Marry Harry," 12 American ladies are transported to a downtown area, which resembles the castle in Berskshire, United Kingdom. The ladies are made to believe they are vying for the affection of Prince Harry, when in fact Matt Hicks is merely role-playing.
According to an article from Digital Spy, the pretend prince revealed that the prince lifestyle is phenomenal but he doesn't want to be in the situation on a daily basis.
"I lived the dream for six weeks, had a fantastic time, went on some amazing dates with some really cool women, saw some sights, did some activities that were unbelievable. But I think you do get treated differently," the 24-year old new celebrity stated.
The pretend prince revealed to Digital Spy that he had the best of both worlds but the show was almost a social experiment to determine the people's change in perception to a person of royal blood. He also stated that the prince lifestyle would be a very bizarre world to actually live and be brought up.
An innocently normal man in real life, the Prince Harry look-alike also revealed to the above cited Web site that he had to rely on the portfolio of information provided to him about Prince Harry. Hicks stated that he concentrated the whole time and that he has to know everything like Prince Harry's birth, his christening, the schools he attended, the places he prefers to visit in London, his previous relationships, and even scandals.
"I was just concentrating and making sure that I didn't slip up. It was exhausting! At the end of every day, I pretty much crashed out and fell asleep," Hicks revealed to Digital Spy.
As the only bachelor in a pack of beautiful women, Hicks also stated that it was also a perplexing situation and that there was a tiny fizz of unreality in it. "I just played it very coy, very mysterious and just sort of maintained this air of mystery while leading them on by letting little bits of information slide here and there - there were subtle hints dropped around the place," the pretend-prince stated.
"I Wanna Marry Harry" airs on Fox every Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists