HTC One M8: Dual-SIM Version Spotted in the Russian Federal Communication Agency Certification Listing
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 10, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Recent reports claim that a dual-SIM version of the HTC One M8 is set to be released soon. The Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer's dual-SIM device has been spotted going through the certification listing of the Russian Federal Communication Agency (ROSCOM) which is the Russian equivalent of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
According to the NDTV Gadgets report, tech blog mobiletelefon.ru spotted the HTC One M8 dual-SIM listing that has the same specifications found on the existing HTC device except for the inclusion of a 2600mAh removable battery. The report further noted that the detail on the battery could be a translation error.
No details are available yet as to when the HTC One M8 dual-SIM will be released but a Russian launch appear to be coming up due to the certification listing. The Gizbot report claims that HTC Russia VP Andrey Kormiltsev stated back in April that the release of the HTC One M8 dual-SIM version would probably happen soon.
If you are not aware, back in April, the VP of HTC Russia, Andrey Kormiltsev said that a dual SIM variant of HTC's latest One (M8) might soon be released. But at that point of time, it is not given an official tag, but even this one is not an official seal but you can consider this latest information as the closest one to the official announcement.
There are no details revealed as well on the variant's pricing scheme and availability in other countries. The HTC device variant is expected to be also released in Asian markets since there have been dual-SIM variants of HTC handsets made available in the past.
The HTC One M8 comes with a 5-inch Full HD screen with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, a 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, HTC Sense 6.0 UI, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, Adreno 330 GPU, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage capacity that is expandable through the available microSD card slot up to 128 GB.
Additional features and specifications include the 4 MP UltraPixel primary rear camera with dual LED Flash, BSI Sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens, a 5 MP front-facing camera, connectivity options of 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and GPS with GLONASS and MHL support in the device and the power of a 2600 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery. Consumers can choose from the available colour options of the HTC One M8 such as Amber Gold, Glacial Silver and Gunmetal Grey.
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- RiAus TV: Australia’s First Science Channel Launched
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics