‘Murder in the First’ Casting: ‘Harry Potter’ Star Tom Felton Plays Prime Suspect
By Tarun Mazumdar | June 10, 2014 4:20 PM EST
“Murder in the First,” TNT’s brand new series, is quite different from other detective drama shows as it is showcasing two murders that might be linked in the entire season. Steven Bochco and Eric Lodal are the creators of the show. “Harry Potter” star Tom Felton is the main suspect in the show.
Tom is renowned for playing Draco Malfoy in the "Harry Potter" movies and is now ready for his first TV show as a regular cast member.
Zap2it talks to Tom and other cast members of "Murder in the First" about the show and creator Steven Boncho.
Tom states this is something very different from his past assignments. He also praises the cast and crew members.
"Not just the very talented cast, but the crew as well and what it takes to get nine or ten more pages done a day," says Tom.
The "Harry Potter" actor is sharing the screen with James Cromwell, Steven Weber, Richard Sciff, Currie Graham and Bess Rous.
Apart from the experienced cast and crew, the 10-episode storyline was fascinating for Tom.
He mentions this is his first experience. "10 episodes feels like a good chunk and a good body," the actor says.
Tom reveals the actors are not told about their character's direction.
"Each episode is about a new education of into the characters and the stories. It certainly went a different way than I was expecting which makes it a little nerve-racking at first, but I find it exciting," Tom reveals.
Tom jokes the cast members are already speculating and pointing fingers at each other. They have thought about all the possibilities.
The actor talks to IGN.com about his character, Erich Blunt.
"Well, Eric and I, when we first talked about it, he was like, "He's the future rock star." How Guns 'n Roses and The Beatles were idolized in their time, the rock stars of today are now these young tech guys, people who essentially have very little social skills, weren't the cool kids at school," Tom stated.
"He's not a villain at all. I just see him as a guy who doesn't have an ability to empathize or to really care about someone else's feelings. His vision and his dreams are so strong -- I feel like his path of thought is so above what everyone else is thinking that he's definitely a unique individual," adds Tom.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28