‘Murder in the First’ Casting: ‘Harry Potter’ Star Tom Felton Plays Prime Suspect
By Tarun Mazumdar | June 10, 2014 4:20 PM EST
“Murder in the First,” TNT’s brand new series, is quite different from other detective drama shows as it is showcasing two murders that might be linked in the entire season. Steven Bochco and Eric Lodal are the creators of the show. “Harry Potter” star Tom Felton is the main suspect in the show.
Tom is renowned for playing Draco Malfoy in the "Harry Potter" movies and is now ready for his first TV show as a regular cast member.
Zap2it talks to Tom and other cast members of "Murder in the First" about the show and creator Steven Boncho.
Tom states this is something very different from his past assignments. He also praises the cast and crew members.
"Not just the very talented cast, but the crew as well and what it takes to get nine or ten more pages done a day," says Tom.
The "Harry Potter" actor is sharing the screen with James Cromwell, Steven Weber, Richard Sciff, Currie Graham and Bess Rous.
Apart from the experienced cast and crew, the 10-episode storyline was fascinating for Tom.
He mentions this is his first experience. "10 episodes feels like a good chunk and a good body," the actor says.
Tom reveals the actors are not told about their character's direction.
"Each episode is about a new education of into the characters and the stories. It certainly went a different way than I was expecting which makes it a little nerve-racking at first, but I find it exciting," Tom reveals.
Tom jokes the cast members are already speculating and pointing fingers at each other. They have thought about all the possibilities.
The actor talks to IGN.com about his character, Erich Blunt.
"Well, Eric and I, when we first talked about it, he was like, "He's the future rock star." How Guns 'n Roses and The Beatles were idolized in their time, the rock stars of today are now these young tech guys, people who essentially have very little social skills, weren't the cool kids at school," Tom stated.
"He's not a villain at all. I just see him as a guy who doesn't have an ability to empathize or to really care about someone else's feelings. His vision and his dreams are so strong -- I feel like his path of thought is so above what everyone else is thinking that he's definitely a unique individual," adds Tom.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments