‘Murder in the First’ Casting: ‘Harry Potter’ Star Tom Felton Plays Prime Suspect
By Tarun Mazumdar | June 10, 2014 4:20 PM EST
“Murder in the First,” TNT’s brand new series, is quite different from other detective drama shows as it is showcasing two murders that might be linked in the entire season. Steven Bochco and Eric Lodal are the creators of the show. “Harry Potter” star Tom Felton is the main suspect in the show.
Tom is renowned for playing Draco Malfoy in the "Harry Potter" movies and is now ready for his first TV show as a regular cast member.
Zap2it talks to Tom and other cast members of "Murder in the First" about the show and creator Steven Boncho.
Tom states this is something very different from his past assignments. He also praises the cast and crew members.
"Not just the very talented cast, but the crew as well and what it takes to get nine or ten more pages done a day," says Tom.
The "Harry Potter" actor is sharing the screen with James Cromwell, Steven Weber, Richard Sciff, Currie Graham and Bess Rous.
Apart from the experienced cast and crew, the 10-episode storyline was fascinating for Tom.
He mentions this is his first experience. "10 episodes feels like a good chunk and a good body," the actor says.
Tom reveals the actors are not told about their character's direction.
"Each episode is about a new education of into the characters and the stories. It certainly went a different way than I was expecting which makes it a little nerve-racking at first, but I find it exciting," Tom reveals.
Tom jokes the cast members are already speculating and pointing fingers at each other. They have thought about all the possibilities.
The actor talks to IGN.com about his character, Erich Blunt.
"Well, Eric and I, when we first talked about it, he was like, "He's the future rock star." How Guns 'n Roses and The Beatles were idolized in their time, the rock stars of today are now these young tech guys, people who essentially have very little social skills, weren't the cool kids at school," Tom stated.
"He's not a villain at all. I just see him as a guy who doesn't have an ability to empathize or to really care about someone else's feelings. His vision and his dreams are so strong -- I feel like his path of thought is so above what everyone else is thinking that he's definitely a unique individual," adds Tom.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales