‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Daniel Dae Kim to Play Jack Kang, Joins Shailene Woodley, Theo James and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 10, 2014 3:47 PM EST
With a positive "Insurgent" casting response, Daniel Dae Kim is declared as an official cast of the "Divergent" sequel in an announcement on the official Twitter account of the upcoming dystopian movie, joining Shailene Woodley, Theo James and the rest of the cast.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James attend the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
'Insurgent' Casting News: Suki Waterhouse, Jonny Weston and More to Join Shailene Woodley and Theo James
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Admits to Posing with Movie Posters in Subways on ‘The Tonight Show’ [WATCH VIDEO]
Variety first reported that the 45-year-old actor, known for his role in the TV series "Lost" and who is also set to appear in "Ktown Cowboys," is joining the cast of "Insurgent."
The official Twitter account of the "Divergent" series @Divergent confirmed in a tweet that can be viewed at the bottom of this article that Daniel Dae Kim is playing the role of Jack Kang, the leader of the Candor faction, one of the five factions in the "Divergent" world created by author Veronica Roth dedicated to honesty and openness.
The 45-year-old actor is known for his TV series roles, including Jin Kwon in "Lost," Chin Ho Kelly in "Hawaii Five-O" and "NCIS: Los Angeles," Hiroshi Sato in "The Legend of Korra" and Corporal Chang in "Star Trek: Enterprise." Kim's movie credits include roles in "Spider-Man 2" and "The Hulk."
Aside from Daniel Dae Kim, Naomi Watts is also joining the cast of "Insurgent," which according to The Hollywood Reporter is set to play the role of Evelyn, leader of the Factionless, a status Veronica Roth created for anyone not welcome into any faction.
Spoiler Alert! Watts is about to enter the world of "Divergent" as the long lost mother of Theo James' character Four.
Daniel Dae Kim and Naomi Watts are set to join the returning cast of the "Divergent" sequel Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Jai Courtney and Zoe Kravitz.
The other new additions to the cast of "Insurgent" are Suki Waterhouse (Marlene, member of the Dauntless faction), Olivia Spencer (Johanna, leader of the Amity faction), "The Hunger Games" star Stephanie L. Schlund (character unconfirmed, member of the Amity faction) and Jonny Weston (character unconfirmed).
The "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" is reportedly set for a movie release on March 20, 2015, followed by the third installment "Allegiant, which will be split into two parts set for a 2016 and 2017 movie release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch