‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Daniel Dae Kim to Play Jack Kang, Joins Shailene Woodley, Theo James and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 10, 2014 3:47 PM EST
With a positive "Insurgent" casting response, Daniel Dae Kim is declared as an official cast of the "Divergent" sequel in an announcement on the official Twitter account of the upcoming dystopian movie, joining Shailene Woodley, Theo James and the rest of the cast.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James attend the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
'Insurgent' Casting News: Suki Waterhouse, Jonny Weston and More to Join Shailene Woodley and Theo James
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Admits to Posing with Movie Posters in Subways on ‘The Tonight Show’ [WATCH VIDEO]
Variety first reported that the 45-year-old actor, known for his role in the TV series "Lost" and who is also set to appear in "Ktown Cowboys," is joining the cast of "Insurgent."
The official Twitter account of the "Divergent" series @Divergent confirmed in a tweet that can be viewed at the bottom of this article that Daniel Dae Kim is playing the role of Jack Kang, the leader of the Candor faction, one of the five factions in the "Divergent" world created by author Veronica Roth dedicated to honesty and openness.
The 45-year-old actor is known for his TV series roles, including Jin Kwon in "Lost," Chin Ho Kelly in "Hawaii Five-O" and "NCIS: Los Angeles," Hiroshi Sato in "The Legend of Korra" and Corporal Chang in "Star Trek: Enterprise." Kim's movie credits include roles in "Spider-Man 2" and "The Hulk."
Aside from Daniel Dae Kim, Naomi Watts is also joining the cast of "Insurgent," which according to The Hollywood Reporter is set to play the role of Evelyn, leader of the Factionless, a status Veronica Roth created for anyone not welcome into any faction.
Spoiler Alert! Watts is about to enter the world of "Divergent" as the long lost mother of Theo James' character Four.
Daniel Dae Kim and Naomi Watts are set to join the returning cast of the "Divergent" sequel Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Jai Courtney and Zoe Kravitz.
The other new additions to the cast of "Insurgent" are Suki Waterhouse (Marlene, member of the Dauntless faction), Olivia Spencer (Johanna, leader of the Amity faction), "The Hunger Games" star Stephanie L. Schlund (character unconfirmed, member of the Amity faction) and Jonny Weston (character unconfirmed).
The "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" is reportedly set for a movie release on March 20, 2015, followed by the third installment "Allegiant, which will be split into two parts set for a 2016 and 2017 movie release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2