‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Daniel Dae Kim to Play Jack Kang, Joins Shailene Woodley, Theo James and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 10, 2014 3:47 PM EST
With a positive "Insurgent" casting response, Daniel Dae Kim is declared as an official cast of the "Divergent" sequel in an announcement on the official Twitter account of the upcoming dystopian movie, joining Shailene Woodley, Theo James and the rest of the cast.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James attend the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
'Insurgent' Casting News: Suki Waterhouse, Jonny Weston and More to Join Shailene Woodley and Theo James
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Admits to Posing with Movie Posters in Subways on ‘The Tonight Show’ [WATCH VIDEO]
Variety first reported that the 45-year-old actor, known for his role in the TV series "Lost" and who is also set to appear in "Ktown Cowboys," is joining the cast of "Insurgent."
The official Twitter account of the "Divergent" series @Divergent confirmed in a tweet that can be viewed at the bottom of this article that Daniel Dae Kim is playing the role of Jack Kang, the leader of the Candor faction, one of the five factions in the "Divergent" world created by author Veronica Roth dedicated to honesty and openness.
The 45-year-old actor is known for his TV series roles, including Jin Kwon in "Lost," Chin Ho Kelly in "Hawaii Five-O" and "NCIS: Los Angeles," Hiroshi Sato in "The Legend of Korra" and Corporal Chang in "Star Trek: Enterprise." Kim's movie credits include roles in "Spider-Man 2" and "The Hulk."
Aside from Daniel Dae Kim, Naomi Watts is also joining the cast of "Insurgent," which according to The Hollywood Reporter is set to play the role of Evelyn, leader of the Factionless, a status Veronica Roth created for anyone not welcome into any faction.
Spoiler Alert! Watts is about to enter the world of "Divergent" as the long lost mother of Theo James' character Four.
Daniel Dae Kim and Naomi Watts are set to join the returning cast of the "Divergent" sequel Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Jai Courtney and Zoe Kravitz.
The other new additions to the cast of "Insurgent" are Suki Waterhouse (Marlene, member of the Dauntless faction), Olivia Spencer (Johanna, leader of the Amity faction), "The Hunger Games" star Stephanie L. Schlund (character unconfirmed, member of the Amity faction) and Jonny Weston (character unconfirmed).
The "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" is reportedly set for a movie release on March 20, 2015, followed by the third installment "Allegiant, which will be split into two parts set for a 2016 and 2017 movie release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage