Donald's Double-Take: Sterling Not Giving Up Yet, Will Sue NBA After All
By James Patrick Quizon | June 10, 2014 3:23 PM EST
Just as everyone thought (and wished) that Donald Sterling will just go away, the embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner is not going down without a fight after all. In a 180-degree turn yet again, Sterling is reportedly pursuing the $1 billion federal lawsuit against the NBA and NBA commissioner Adam Silver.
Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling (C), his wife Shelly (L) and actor George Segal attend the NBA basketball game between the Toronto Raptors and the Los Angeles Clippers at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, December 22, 2008
In a letter titled “The Team is not for Sale” published on ESPN.com on Monday, Sterling revealed the change of heart and will ”withdraw his support for the sale of the team negotiated by his wife.”
“I believe that Adam Silver acted in haste by illegally ordering the forced sale of the Clippers, banning me for life from the NBA and imposing the fine. Adam Silver's conduct in doing so without conducting any real investigation was wrong,” started Sterling, who also apologized for his misdeeds in the letter.
“I have decided that I must fight to protect my rights. While my position may not be popular, I believe that my rights to privacy and the preservation of my rights to due process should not be trampled.”
Max Blecher, the attorney who represents Sterling in the case, also added that indeed, “the deal is off”
Just last week as reported as well in here in IBTimes, Sterling said in statement that the he is giving the go-signal to his wife, Shelly Sterling to proceed with the franchise sale to the group of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
"I feel fabulous, I feel very good," Sterling told the media about the purported sale. "Everything is just the way it should be, really. It may have worked out differently, but it's good. It's all good.”
With the recent turn of events, apparently the fight between Sterling and the NBA is not over.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks