Donald's Double-Take: Sterling Not Giving Up Yet, Will Sue NBA After All
By James Patrick Quizon | June 10, 2014 3:23 PM EST
Just as everyone thought (and wished) that Donald Sterling will just go away, the embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner is not going down without a fight after all. In a 180-degree turn yet again, Sterling is reportedly pursuing the $1 billion federal lawsuit against the NBA and NBA commissioner Adam Silver.
Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling (C), his wife Shelly (L) and actor George Segal attend the NBA basketball game between the Toronto Raptors and the Los Angeles Clippers at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, December 22, 2008
In a letter titled “The Team is not for Sale” published on ESPN.com on Monday, Sterling revealed the change of heart and will ”withdraw his support for the sale of the team negotiated by his wife.”
“I believe that Adam Silver acted in haste by illegally ordering the forced sale of the Clippers, banning me for life from the NBA and imposing the fine. Adam Silver's conduct in doing so without conducting any real investigation was wrong,” started Sterling, who also apologized for his misdeeds in the letter.
“I have decided that I must fight to protect my rights. While my position may not be popular, I believe that my rights to privacy and the preservation of my rights to due process should not be trampled.”
Max Blecher, the attorney who represents Sterling in the case, also added that indeed, “the deal is off”
Just last week as reported as well in here in IBTimes, Sterling said in statement that the he is giving the go-signal to his wife, Shelly Sterling to proceed with the franchise sale to the group of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
"I feel fabulous, I feel very good," Sterling told the media about the purported sale. "Everything is just the way it should be, really. It may have worked out differently, but it's good. It's all good.”
With the recent turn of events, apparently the fight between Sterling and the NBA is not over.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories