LG G3 Trumps Samsung Galaxy S5 in Battery Life Endurance Test
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 10, 2014 2:45 PM EST
LG unveiled its flagship smartphone, the G3, in May 2014. The handset bundles amazing specs and provides great software and hardware performances. The device comes with a whopping phablet-like 5.5 inches screen, packed with a stunning 1,440 x 2,560 (QHD) resolution.
It turns out that, the LG G3, in addition to sporting spectacular specs, also leads the flagship pack when it comes to battery life. According to Phone Arena, the LG G3 trumped all other Android handsets released in 2014 thus far, in its custom battery life/endurance test. This includes the Samsung Galaxy S5, the Sony Xperia Z2, the HTC One (M8) and the Apple iPhone 5S.
It is worth noting that, the Samsung galaxy S5 was ruling the roost in the battery life department until LG G3 debuted last month. The LG G3 scored a whopping 8 hours and 50 minutes in the battery life test, while the Galaxy S5, a close contender scored a relatively lesser 8 hours and 30 minutes.
Even though the difference is only 20 minutes, the tablet-like battery life could be a deal breaker for many buyers. The battery unit specifications of the LG G3 and the Galaxy S5 are Li-Ion 3000 mAh and Li-Ion 2800 mAh respectively.
The other handsets like the HTC One M8 scored 7 hours and 12 minutes and the Sony Xperia Z2 scored 8 hours and 10 minutes of battery life. The LG G3 also trumped its own predecessor, the LG G2. The G2 scored only 6 hours and 48 minutes of battery life. The iPhone 5S, on the other hand, scored the least of all at 5 hours and 2 minutes.
According to Phone Arena, the battery endurance test is conducted by running a custom web-script developed to be in-line with the day-to-day power consumption of real-life usage.
Moreover, the company LG said that the enhancements made on the display and the battery of G3 would be a stand-out among the high-end smartphones. In addition, the company also said that, it replaced a lot of metal with graphite on the battery unit, along with some unspecified optimizations, says Phone Arena. Interested Readers can check out the chart from Phone Arena.
What do you think of LG G3's battery life? Will you buy a LG G3 instead of Galaxy S5 for the battery spec? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys