'Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire' Updates: More CoroCoro Reveals, New Mega Evolutions and New Scans
By Gel Galang | June 10, 2014 2:25 PM EST
"Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has gotten a few more updates with the June issue of CoroCoro, which reveals a few new Pokemon types debuting with the game.
It seems the title will have Steven Stone returning and a Mega Charizard X, with the agenda of getting the secret of the Mega Evolution. Apart from this, Mach and Acro Bike will also be coming back in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." Team Aqua and Team Magma will also be making a comeback.
According to Serebii, Team Magma will have Maxie, Tabitha and Courtney. Meanwhile, Team Aqua has Archie, Matt and Shelley. The character designs have also been changed.
(Credit: YouTube/The Official Pokémon Channel)
3 Mega Evolutions Listed
According to Serebii, "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" will be introducing the Prehistoric, Primal and Primeval Pokemon. In this process, the Pokemons will be similar to the Mega Evolutions, only they will undergo the process "Ancient Devolution," allowing the Pokemons to "devolve" to their prehistoric states.
Nintendo and GameFreak have yet to make any official announcements and give more details about this new feature. But Serebii has a few details on the three Prehistoric Pokemons that have already been listed, as per the CoroCoro reveal.
The first is Mega Sceptile, which is a grass/dragon type and Forest Pokemon. Mega Sceptile will be a Mega Evolution of the starter Treecko. Next is Mega Swampert, a water/ground and Mud Fish Pokemon, which will be a Mega Evolution from starter Mudkip. Lastly, there's Mega Diancie, a familiar face from "Pokemon X and Y."
In "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," this rock/fairy and Jewel Pokemon will Mega Evolve from Diancie, termed as the Mythical Pokemon.
There's also prehistoric Pokemons Groudon and Kyogre, as featured in the box arts of "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." Howerver, there are no details of them as of yet. It may be the fact they are different from the original Hoenn game, as some fans have pointed out the designs of the Pokemons are very different.
More to Come on June 15?
Apart from the new CoroCoro reveals, there is more to come, if a report from My Nintendo News is to be believed. This new development states Pokemon Get TV will have new information about "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." This will come one June 15.
Hopefully, more Pokemon details will be given out to fans, since the expected rollout of "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" is November 2014.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown