Android 4.4.3 for Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE Rolling; Xperia Z, Z1 Compact Receives 4K and Timeshift Video
By Ryan Inoyori | June 10, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE
Official Android 4.4.3 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE is now rolling out with build version KTU84L.S1.3056. Similar with other Google Play Edition devices, Android 4.4.3 KitKat delivers all bug fixing patches found on the Android 4.4.2 instead of adding new features. In general, users won't notice any obvious changes to the user interface but will enjoy enhancements to apps and services.
Here are the main changes and fixes delivered by the new Android OS version for all Google Play Edition and Nexus devices:
1. Fix on frequent data connection dropout
2. Fixes and optimisation for the "mm-qcamera-daemon" crash
3. Fixes on camera focus in regular and HDR shifting modes
4. Fix on the Power Manager display wakelock
5. Several fixes on Bluetooth app and radio
6. Fix on the random reboot
7. Fix on the issue "app shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update"
8. Fix on USB debugging security
9. Fix on app shortcuts security
10. Fix on Wi-Fi auto-connect issue
11. More camera fixes
12. Fixes on MMS, email and exchange, calendar, people, dialler, contacts, DSP, IPv6 and VPN
13. Fix on the issue "stuck in activation screen"
14. Fix on missed call LED
15. Fixes on subtitles
16. Fix on data usage graph problems
17. Fix on Internet telephony bugs
18. Fix on FCC compliance
19. Various miscellaneous fixes
For the icons, both the dialler and contacts apps received a new colour scheme. It is unknown when Sony Mobile plans to release Android 4.4.3 KitKat for other Xperia devices or if they intend to jump straight to the upcoming Android version this year.
4K and Timeshift Video for Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact
Sony Mobile did not include the exclusive 4K and Timeshift video camera modes from Xperia Z2 to Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. However, an XDA forum member took initiative to port the exclusive camera apps.
XDA member olokos planned the porting of both camera modes to older Xperia smartphones which got the attention of other XDA members lagalaga and Riyal. XperiaBlog confirmed that the XDA developers managed to make 4K and Timeshift video modes to work on Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact.
20. Fix duplicate entries of 4K and Timeshift video in camera add on selector box
21. Fix Timeshift Burst compatibility
22. Fixed force close error in Timeshift Video menu
23. Proper version naming of flashable zip
Flashing the camera modes require root access and deodexed without any other camera modes installed to prevent conflict.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar