Android 4.4.3 for Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE Rolling; Xperia Z, Z1 Compact Receives 4K and Timeshift Video
By Ryan Inoyori | June 10, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE
Official Android 4.4.3 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE is now rolling out with build version KTU84L.S1.3056. Similar with other Google Play Edition devices, Android 4.4.3 KitKat delivers all bug fixing patches found on the Android 4.4.2 instead of adding new features. In general, users won't notice any obvious changes to the user interface but will enjoy enhancements to apps and services.
Here are the main changes and fixes delivered by the new Android OS version for all Google Play Edition and Nexus devices:
1. Fix on frequent data connection dropout
2. Fixes and optimisation for the "mm-qcamera-daemon" crash
3. Fixes on camera focus in regular and HDR shifting modes
4. Fix on the Power Manager display wakelock
5. Several fixes on Bluetooth app and radio
6. Fix on the random reboot
7. Fix on the issue "app shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update"
8. Fix on USB debugging security
9. Fix on app shortcuts security
10. Fix on Wi-Fi auto-connect issue
11. More camera fixes
12. Fixes on MMS, email and exchange, calendar, people, dialler, contacts, DSP, IPv6 and VPN
13. Fix on the issue "stuck in activation screen"
14. Fix on missed call LED
15. Fixes on subtitles
16. Fix on data usage graph problems
17. Fix on Internet telephony bugs
18. Fix on FCC compliance
19. Various miscellaneous fixes
For the icons, both the dialler and contacts apps received a new colour scheme. It is unknown when Sony Mobile plans to release Android 4.4.3 KitKat for other Xperia devices or if they intend to jump straight to the upcoming Android version this year.
4K and Timeshift Video for Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact
Sony Mobile did not include the exclusive 4K and Timeshift video camera modes from Xperia Z2 to Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. However, an XDA forum member took initiative to port the exclusive camera apps.
XDA member olokos planned the porting of both camera modes to older Xperia smartphones which got the attention of other XDA members lagalaga and Riyal. XperiaBlog confirmed that the XDA developers managed to make 4K and Timeshift video modes to work on Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact.
20. Fix duplicate entries of 4K and Timeshift video in camera add on selector box
21. Fix Timeshift Burst compatibility
22. Fixed force close error in Timeshift Video menu
23. Proper version naming of flashable zip
Flashing the camera modes require root access and deodexed without any other camera modes installed to prevent conflict.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Breakdown for Developer and Unlocked Version
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide