Android 4.4.3 for Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE Rolling; Xperia Z, Z1 Compact Receives 4K and Timeshift Video
By Ryan Inoyori | June 10, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE
Official Android 4.4.3 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE is now rolling out with build version KTU84L.S1.3056. Similar with other Google Play Edition devices, Android 4.4.3 KitKat delivers all bug fixing patches found on the Android 4.4.2 instead of adding new features. In general, users won't notice any obvious changes to the user interface but will enjoy enhancements to apps and services.
Here are the main changes and fixes delivered by the new Android OS version for all Google Play Edition and Nexus devices:
1. Fix on frequent data connection dropout
2. Fixes and optimisation for the "mm-qcamera-daemon" crash
3. Fixes on camera focus in regular and HDR shifting modes
4. Fix on the Power Manager display wakelock
5. Several fixes on Bluetooth app and radio
6. Fix on the random reboot
7. Fix on the issue "app shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update"
8. Fix on USB debugging security
9. Fix on app shortcuts security
10. Fix on Wi-Fi auto-connect issue
11. More camera fixes
12. Fixes on MMS, email and exchange, calendar, people, dialler, contacts, DSP, IPv6 and VPN
13. Fix on the issue "stuck in activation screen"
14. Fix on missed call LED
15. Fixes on subtitles
16. Fix on data usage graph problems
17. Fix on Internet telephony bugs
18. Fix on FCC compliance
19. Various miscellaneous fixes
For the icons, both the dialler and contacts apps received a new colour scheme. It is unknown when Sony Mobile plans to release Android 4.4.3 KitKat for other Xperia devices or if they intend to jump straight to the upcoming Android version this year.
4K and Timeshift Video for Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact
Sony Mobile did not include the exclusive 4K and Timeshift video camera modes from Xperia Z2 to Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. However, an XDA forum member took initiative to port the exclusive camera apps.
XDA member olokos planned the porting of both camera modes to older Xperia smartphones which got the attention of other XDA members lagalaga and Riyal. XperiaBlog confirmed that the XDA developers managed to make 4K and Timeshift video modes to work on Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact.
20. Fix duplicate entries of 4K and Timeshift video in camera add on selector box
21. Fix Timeshift Burst compatibility
22. Fixed force close error in Timeshift Video menu
23. Proper version naming of flashable zip
Flashing the camera modes require root access and deodexed without any other camera modes installed to prevent conflict.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown