Android 4.4.3 for Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE Rolling; Xperia Z, Z1 Compact Receives 4K and Timeshift Video
By Ryan Inoyori | June 10, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE
Official Android 4.4.3 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE is now rolling out with build version KTU84L.S1.3056. Similar with other Google Play Edition devices, Android 4.4.3 KitKat delivers all bug fixing patches found on the Android 4.4.2 instead of adding new features. In general, users won't notice any obvious changes to the user interface but will enjoy enhancements to apps and services.
Here are the main changes and fixes delivered by the new Android OS version for all Google Play Edition and Nexus devices:
1. Fix on frequent data connection dropout
2. Fixes and optimisation for the "mm-qcamera-daemon" crash
3. Fixes on camera focus in regular and HDR shifting modes
4. Fix on the Power Manager display wakelock
5. Several fixes on Bluetooth app and radio
6. Fix on the random reboot
7. Fix on the issue "app shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update"
8. Fix on USB debugging security
9. Fix on app shortcuts security
10. Fix on Wi-Fi auto-connect issue
11. More camera fixes
12. Fixes on MMS, email and exchange, calendar, people, dialler, contacts, DSP, IPv6 and VPN
13. Fix on the issue "stuck in activation screen"
14. Fix on missed call LED
15. Fixes on subtitles
16. Fix on data usage graph problems
17. Fix on Internet telephony bugs
18. Fix on FCC compliance
19. Various miscellaneous fixes
For the icons, both the dialler and contacts apps received a new colour scheme. It is unknown when Sony Mobile plans to release Android 4.4.3 KitKat for other Xperia devices or if they intend to jump straight to the upcoming Android version this year.
4K and Timeshift Video for Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact
Sony Mobile did not include the exclusive 4K and Timeshift video camera modes from Xperia Z2 to Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. However, an XDA forum member took initiative to port the exclusive camera apps.
XDA member olokos planned the porting of both camera modes to older Xperia smartphones which got the attention of other XDA members lagalaga and Riyal. XperiaBlog confirmed that the XDA developers managed to make 4K and Timeshift video modes to work on Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact.
20. Fix duplicate entries of 4K and Timeshift video in camera add on selector box
21. Fix Timeshift Burst compatibility
22. Fixed force close error in Timeshift Video menu
23. Proper version naming of flashable zip
Flashing the camera modes require root access and deodexed without any other camera modes installed to prevent conflict.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]