Miss USA 2014 Winner: Find Out Who is Nia Sanchez; Everything to Know About the Winning Beauty [Photo]
By jaskiran kaur | June 10, 2014 2:20 PM EST
Nevada beauty, Nia Sanchez was crowned Miss USA 2014 on June 8, 2014 in the ceremony held at Baton Rogue, Los Angeles. 24-year-old model impressed the judges and beat 50 contestants to claim the most coveted trophy of 63rd Miss USA pageant. The American beauty is now set to represent the U.S. in Miss Universe 2014 pageant. Here are few interesting facts about Nia that you need to know.
Miss Nevada Nia Sanchez reacts after winning the 2014 Miss USA beauty pageant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana June 8, 2014. Fifty-one state titleholders compete in the swimsuit, evening gown and interview categories for the title of Miss USA 2014 during the 63rd annual Miss USA competition. REUTERS/Adrees Latif
Nia Sanchez loves travelling. According to her Miss Universe bio, she "loves to travel." At the age of 7, she moved between from California to Washington. After completing her high school studies, she moved to Europe and became a nanny there. She then travelled to Middle East, Austria and Switzerland. She has also worked and dressed as Disney princesses at Hong Kong Disney.
Nia has a tough side to her. She is a fourth degree Black Belt in Taekwondo expert. She started to learn the art when she was 8, according to E!Online. She started teaching taekwondo when she was 12, she told the Web site. By the age of 15, she was a certified instructor.
"It's a good workout. It's a full body workout. I never get more tired working out than when I'm at the studio," she told the publication.
Nia Sanchez had a tough childhood. Miss USA 2014's parents got separated when she was just six. Nia and Her mother moved out and had nowhere to go. They spent some time in women's shelter in Las Vegas called Shade Tree.
"It was great because they provided day care for us while she was out there trying to save up," told Nia to Las Vegas Weekly.
However, two months later Nia and her mother found place to stay with a relative. She now volunteers at Shelter homes and teaches children at Sunday School and martial arts.
Nia Sanchez has won many beauty pageants before she claimed the Miss USA 2014 title. Before winning Miss Nevada 2014, she won Miss Citrus Valley and Miss Hollywood USA. She claimed the position of second runner up in the Miss California beauty pageant, according to Wikipedia. She is the first ever winner from Nevada.
Since she was 19, she has been competing in beauty pageants, according to Las Vegas Weekly. She has competed in California and represented the U.S. in Ecuador a few times.
She is dating actor Daniel Booko. He is best known for his roles in TV series including "The O.C.," "Hannah Montana" and more. Prior to this, she was in a "very unhealthy relationship."
"I was lucky that I got out of it before it got abusive, but it was aggressive, and I feel like I can really relate with women on that level more personally," Nia told Las Vegas Weekly.
Nia Sanchez's present boyfriend Daniel Booko supports her Miss USA 2014 win. He tweeted on Twitter
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers