'The SIMS 4' Official Release on September 2nd Announced by EA Games; 5 New Features Revealed
By Ryan Inoyori | June 10, 2014 1:57 PM EST
Electronic Arts officially announced the release date of the fourth instalment of 'The SIMS' game franchise. It is set for release on Sept 2, 2014 and the game will support both Windows OS and MAC OS platforms.
'The SIMS 4' Official Release Date
Players of "The SIMS" can now live up new dreams and new experiences on "The SIMS 4" starting on September 2nd 2014 after Electronics Arts confirmed the release date. According to IGN, Electronic Arts will support both Windows PC and MAC computers to run "The SIMS 4."
EA Games released the official teaser on what fans can expect on "The SIMS 4" including character creations, personality and gaming experience. Unlike with previous game franchise, "The SIMS 4" features a major overhaul from voices to skills and new set of additions such as the new emotion aspect on every SIM.
SIMS will now have special traits based on their moods, personality and emotions which can affect overall expressions and opportunities throughout the game. Additionally, objects nearby SIMS can also influence what they actually feel including effects from music and interior design such as paintings.
Emotion feature offers a range of new experience level such as sadness, happiness, anger and romance. Here are some details regarding the new traits that affect overall emotions, opportunities and personalities for all SIMS based on the official trailer.
- Musical genius
- Gossip queen
- Opposites attract
- Party animal
- Foodie hipster
- Online romance
- Did you?
All of these characteristics can extend diversity on every SIM found in the game and some of them may appear weirder than others.
Extended Features on 'The SIMS 4'
1. Create A SIM - A whole new level of character creation for "The SIMS 4" such as freeform editing of the all body parts. Personality and aspiration can now affect their emotions, behaviour and interactions with other SIMS. You can now create contrast traits such as a hard-headed athlete with great interest in literature.
2. Livelier Neighbourhood - Every SIMS inside the neighbourhood add colours to the game and each features a different emotion. One example is at the gym wherein not all SIMS are enjoying workout routines. Some SIMS may even display how lazy or industrious they are based on their personality.
3. Interaction Effects - In a group, a SIM may affect other SIMS depending on their actions. SIMS can disrupt parties by gate crashing them, cause depression on others and even turn the lights up to keep the party going.
4. Importing Data - EA Games allowed instant import of characters and houses made by other players directly into the game and their presence can affect everyone based on their profile.
5. Weirder Stories - Your SIM may even get penalties for positive effects such as laughing too much from happiness that calls death reaper on sight.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports