‘The X Factor’ (UK) 2014: Judges Completed, Mel B Signs Up as Fourth Judge
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 10, 2014 1:42 PM EST
A recent announcement eventually confirmed that former Spice Girl Mel B will be the fourth judge to sit beside "The X Factor" (UK) 2014 judges Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh at the judges' table.
Singer and former Spice Girl, Mel B, poses for photographers as she arrives for the European premiere of "The Hunger Games" at the O2 Arena in London March 14, 2012.
After rumours started to conquer the Web of who might be occupying the last chair at the judges' table of "The X Factor," The Daily Star reported that an 'X Factor' source told the publication that after months of Mel B being in talks to join the show, the former Spice Girl has been finally confirmed as the official fourth judge.
"There have been a few hiccups along the way to do with money and other commitments, but it's finally a done deal," "The X Factor" source told the publication.
Before "The X Factor" (UK), former Spice Girl Mel B had been a judge for "The X Factor" (Australia) and "America's Got Talent."
Stan Walker, winner of the "Australian Idol" 2009 and judge of "The X Factor" (New Zealand), told Sydney Confidential that the now "X Factor UK" judge Mel B should be in the Australian version of the reality singing show.
"She [Mel B] was the most entertaining thing on that show, she says everything that everyone is thinking at home," the 23-year-old New Zealand "The X Factor" judge told Sydney Confidential.
"Everyone says 'OMG, she is so mean,' but people just don't want to say those things . . . if I thought somebody was a fat thing or ugly I would never say that to them. I would think it maybe," Walker added.
Mel B, though, is not returning to Australia as she reportedly signed up as the new "The Factor" (UK) judge, putting the rumours to a stop suggesting that DJ Sara Cox, Britain's Got Talent" judge Alesha Dixon or British songstress Rita Ora might be the fourth and final judge to join Cowell, Cole and Walsh.
Earlier, "Britain's Got Talent" judge Amanda Holden revealed the fourth judge is not going to be her co-judge Alesha Dixon who have been rumoured to snag the last chair.
However, despite not being chosen as the fourth and final judge, the 35-year-old Alesha Dixon also spoke to The Daily Star, showing "no hard feelings" concerning the new "The X Factor" set of judges.
"Mel [B] is feisty and will bring a bit of spice, no pun intended, to 'The X Factor,' Dixon told the publication.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones