‘The X Factor’ (UK) 2014: Judges Completed, Mel B Signs Up as Fourth Judge
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 10, 2014 1:42 PM EST
A recent announcement eventually confirmed that former Spice Girl Mel B will be the fourth judge to sit beside "The X Factor" (UK) 2014 judges Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh at the judges' table.
Singer and former Spice Girl, Mel B, poses for photographers as she arrives for the European premiere of "The Hunger Games" at the O2 Arena in London March 14, 2012.
After rumours started to conquer the Web of who might be occupying the last chair at the judges' table of "The X Factor," The Daily Star reported that an 'X Factor' source told the publication that after months of Mel B being in talks to join the show, the former Spice Girl has been finally confirmed as the official fourth judge.
"There have been a few hiccups along the way to do with money and other commitments, but it's finally a done deal," "The X Factor" source told the publication.
Before "The X Factor" (UK), former Spice Girl Mel B had been a judge for "The X Factor" (Australia) and "America's Got Talent."
Stan Walker, winner of the "Australian Idol" 2009 and judge of "The X Factor" (New Zealand), told Sydney Confidential that the now "X Factor UK" judge Mel B should be in the Australian version of the reality singing show.
"She [Mel B] was the most entertaining thing on that show, she says everything that everyone is thinking at home," the 23-year-old New Zealand "The X Factor" judge told Sydney Confidential.
"Everyone says 'OMG, she is so mean,' but people just don't want to say those things . . . if I thought somebody was a fat thing or ugly I would never say that to them. I would think it maybe," Walker added.
Mel B, though, is not returning to Australia as she reportedly signed up as the new "The Factor" (UK) judge, putting the rumours to a stop suggesting that DJ Sara Cox, Britain's Got Talent" judge Alesha Dixon or British songstress Rita Ora might be the fourth and final judge to join Cowell, Cole and Walsh.
Earlier, "Britain's Got Talent" judge Amanda Holden revealed the fourth judge is not going to be her co-judge Alesha Dixon who have been rumoured to snag the last chair.
However, despite not being chosen as the fourth and final judge, the 35-year-old Alesha Dixon also spoke to The Daily Star, showing "no hard feelings" concerning the new "The X Factor" set of judges.
"Mel [B] is feisty and will bring a bit of spice, no pun intended, to 'The X Factor,' Dixon told the publication.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate