Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Gets Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, Galaxy F Leaked, and a Cut on Galaxy S5 Orders
By Gel Galang | June 10, 2014 1:33 PM EST
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing - supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Interest Going Down?
It seems that Samsung is becoming more reactive to its competition, as the latest update regarding the Samsung Galaxy S5 is that the South Korean company has decided to cut back on orders for the handset for Q3.
Gadgets NDTV reports that there is a supposed 25% cut on the chain orders, after Samsung has considered the possibility that Apple's upcoming flagship phone, the assumed iPhone 6, will become tough competition and take a good portion of the market.
Despite the praise that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has received, with its many progressive and added features, Apple's iPhone 6 remains one of its biggest rivals. In figures, the report states that the decrease in orders went down from 21 million in Q2 to 15 million in Q3 for the Samsung Galaxy S5 units.
Images of the Samsung Galaxy F Surface
Upcoming models from its rival is not enough to stop Samsung from creating more models for the brand, however, as new leaks of the alleged Samsung Galaxy F, the speculated premium handset with the metal body, surfaced yet again.
GSM Arena has managed to land the images, which show off not only the start-up screen that shows the front of the device, but the brushed metal design at the back that definitely looks sleek and stylish.
The overall design follows the Samsung Galaxy S5, though there is still speculation that the brushed metal finish may actually be made of plastic in the end, but Samsung is yet to make any official announcements. It does sport a very premium look, regardless of whether or not the body is metal.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report