Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Gets Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, Galaxy F Leaked, and a Cut on Galaxy S5 Orders
By Gel Galang | June 10, 2014 1:33 PM EST
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing - supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Interest Going Down?
It seems that Samsung is becoming more reactive to its competition, as the latest update regarding the Samsung Galaxy S5 is that the South Korean company has decided to cut back on orders for the handset for Q3.
Gadgets NDTV reports that there is a supposed 25% cut on the chain orders, after Samsung has considered the possibility that Apple's upcoming flagship phone, the assumed iPhone 6, will become tough competition and take a good portion of the market.
Despite the praise that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has received, with its many progressive and added features, Apple's iPhone 6 remains one of its biggest rivals. In figures, the report states that the decrease in orders went down from 21 million in Q2 to 15 million in Q3 for the Samsung Galaxy S5 units.
Images of the Samsung Galaxy F Surface
Upcoming models from its rival is not enough to stop Samsung from creating more models for the brand, however, as new leaks of the alleged Samsung Galaxy F, the speculated premium handset with the metal body, surfaced yet again.
GSM Arena has managed to land the images, which show off not only the start-up screen that shows the front of the device, but the brushed metal design at the back that definitely looks sleek and stylish.
The overall design follows the Samsung Galaxy S5, though there is still speculation that the brushed metal finish may actually be made of plastic in the end, but Samsung is yet to make any official announcements. It does sport a very premium look, regardless of whether or not the body is metal.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues