Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Gets Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, Galaxy F Leaked, and a Cut on Galaxy S5 Orders
By Gel Galang | June 10, 2014 1:33 PM EST
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing - supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Interest Going Down?
It seems that Samsung is becoming more reactive to its competition, as the latest update regarding the Samsung Galaxy S5 is that the South Korean company has decided to cut back on orders for the handset for Q3.
Gadgets NDTV reports that there is a supposed 25% cut on the chain orders, after Samsung has considered the possibility that Apple's upcoming flagship phone, the assumed iPhone 6, will become tough competition and take a good portion of the market.
Despite the praise that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has received, with its many progressive and added features, Apple's iPhone 6 remains one of its biggest rivals. In figures, the report states that the decrease in orders went down from 21 million in Q2 to 15 million in Q3 for the Samsung Galaxy S5 units.
Images of the Samsung Galaxy F Surface
Upcoming models from its rival is not enough to stop Samsung from creating more models for the brand, however, as new leaks of the alleged Samsung Galaxy F, the speculated premium handset with the metal body, surfaced yet again.
GSM Arena has managed to land the images, which show off not only the start-up screen that shows the front of the device, but the brushed metal design at the back that definitely looks sleek and stylish.
The overall design follows the Samsung Galaxy S5, though there is still speculation that the brushed metal finish may actually be made of plastic in the end, but Samsung is yet to make any official announcements. It does sport a very premium look, regardless of whether or not the body is metal.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'