Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas Divorce. Alleged Other Woman Speaks Out
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 10, 2014 1:13 PM EST
All good things come to an end and much more so in Hollywood. Actress Melanie Griffith and Actor/Director Antonio Banderas have announced their divorce after 18 years of marriage.
Melanie has never been shy about her love for her husband of nearly 16 years, Antonio Banderas. She has a tattoo of his first name (inside a heart shape) on her right shoulder. “What I love about my family is how quickly and beautifully we became a family . . . when I married Melanie, she had two kids and soon enough, we had Stella,” Banderas recently told Good Housekeeping. The two are parents to Griffith’s children from her previous relationships, Alexander and Dakota, and their daughter, Stella Banderas.
Griffith filed for the divorce citing irreconcilable differences in a Los Angeles Court. The pair have one child, a 17-year old daughter named Stella Banderas. Griffith has requested sole physical custody but joint legal custody of their daughter which might be a moot point as she will be turning 18 in September and will therefore legally become an adult. They married in 1996 after meeting on the set of the film "Two Much."
Griffith, 56 and Banderas 53 have both been married before. Griffith has been married four times including twice to fellow actor Don Johnson and once to Steven Bauer. Banderas was previously married to Spanish Actress Ana Leza with whom he separated from upon meeting Griffith.
Prior to the announcement of the divorce, rumours started circulating about an alleged involvement between Banderas and his "Expendables" co-star Natalie Burn. She plays Mel Gibson's wife in the film which also stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Rumours started when the two were spotted Flamence dancing during the Cannes Film Festival while there to promote their film. Burns has since denied the rumoursthrough an interview with Radar Online and she also stated that she knew about the troubles but encouraged Banderas to fix it.
"I just told him he should fix whatever is going on and I hope they come to better terms. I think they're one of those Old Hollywood couples you want to see stay together," said Burns.
As for the rumoured affair between them, she put it to rest by saying that she sees the actor as more of a dad to her.
"I was worried about that when the pictures came out. I personally wouldn't think anything about it because we worked together. I was worried for him. I didn't want him to get in trouble for that. I don't think we thought about it when we danced. But we were there for a party for the film with the cast. We came with other people and didn't come together. We just had a lot of fun," explained the actress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report