Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas Divorce. Alleged Other Woman Speaks Out
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 10, 2014 1:13 PM EST
All good things come to an end and much more so in Hollywood. Actress Melanie Griffith and Actor/Director Antonio Banderas have announced their divorce after 18 years of marriage.
Melanie has never been shy about her love for her husband of nearly 16 years, Antonio Banderas. She has a tattoo of his first name (inside a heart shape) on her right shoulder. “What I love about my family is how quickly and beautifully we became a family . . . when I married Melanie, she had two kids and soon enough, we had Stella,” Banderas recently told Good Housekeeping. The two are parents to Griffith’s children from her previous relationships, Alexander and Dakota, and their daughter, Stella Banderas.
Griffith filed for the divorce citing irreconcilable differences in a Los Angeles Court. The pair have one child, a 17-year old daughter named Stella Banderas. Griffith has requested sole physical custody but joint legal custody of their daughter which might be a moot point as she will be turning 18 in September and will therefore legally become an adult. They married in 1996 after meeting on the set of the film "Two Much."
Griffith, 56 and Banderas 53 have both been married before. Griffith has been married four times including twice to fellow actor Don Johnson and once to Steven Bauer. Banderas was previously married to Spanish Actress Ana Leza with whom he separated from upon meeting Griffith.
Prior to the announcement of the divorce, rumours started circulating about an alleged involvement between Banderas and his "Expendables" co-star Natalie Burn. She plays Mel Gibson's wife in the film which also stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Rumours started when the two were spotted Flamence dancing during the Cannes Film Festival while there to promote their film. Burns has since denied the rumoursthrough an interview with Radar Online and she also stated that she knew about the troubles but encouraged Banderas to fix it.
"I just told him he should fix whatever is going on and I hope they come to better terms. I think they're one of those Old Hollywood couples you want to see stay together," said Burns.
As for the rumoured affair between them, she put it to rest by saying that she sees the actor as more of a dad to her.
"I was worried about that when the pictures came out. I personally wouldn't think anything about it because we worked together. I was worried for him. I didn't want him to get in trouble for that. I don't think we thought about it when we danced. But we were there for a party for the film with the cast. We came with other people and didn't come together. We just had a lot of fun," explained the actress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown