Selena Gomez Releases New Acoustic Song 'Hold On,' Lyrics Suit Life Post Break-Up [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | June 10, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Finally, Selena Gomez has released a new song and it is called "Hold On." The catchy acoustic number is a far cry from Selena's usual pop and dance numbers that her fans are listening to till now. The song comes from the soundtrack of the upcoming movie "Rudderless," where Selena is also acting and playing the main role.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
With Justin Bieber Gone, Selena Gomez Gets Back to Humanity: Visits Nepal as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
Defiant in Love: Selena Gomez Changes Phone Numbers to Avoid Parent's Advice Against Reuniting with Justin Bieber
The reviews of Selena Gomez's latest song are very positive and she has also collaborated with indie rocker Ben Kwellen on this song. The 21-year-old also plays the lead role of Kate in the movie alongside William H. Macy, Anton Yelchin, and Felicity Huffman. Directed by Macy, "Rudderless" tells the emotional story of a sad father who forms a band after discovering his late son's demo tapes.
According to directlyrics.com, the synopsis of "Rudderless" is as follows: "A grieving father in a downward spiral stumbles across a box of his recently deceased son's demo tapes and lyrics. Shocked by the discovery of this unknown talent, he forms a band in the hope of finding some catharsis."
The movie is expected to be released only in 2015 but going by the freshly released picture which shows a very emotional Selena crying, it seems the movie is going to be a big time tear jerker. Check out the crying Selena Gomez still from the movie here.
The lyrics of the latest song seem very appropriate for Selena's present life too. "Hold on, Till yesterday is far away, Don't let it get you down, It will bury you, very soon, oh yeah, Come into your own, And then let it go, Don't you know, oh yeah," Selena croons in the powerful ballad.
"When you've had enough of everything, All is left is let it go, Hold on," she sings further and it seems like the ex-girlfriend of Justin Bieber is talking about moving away from her past life and starting a new one on a fresh note.
Just like the song "Hold On" Selena has also started her life fresh which involves no friends on her Instagram account and she even embarked upon a UNICEF trip to Nepal. Meanwhile check out the new Selena Gomez song "Hold On" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]