Selena Gomez Releases New Acoustic Song 'Hold On,' Lyrics Suit Life Post Break-Up [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | June 10, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Finally, Selena Gomez has released a new song and it is called "Hold On." The catchy acoustic number is a far cry from Selena's usual pop and dance numbers that her fans are listening to till now. The song comes from the soundtrack of the upcoming movie "Rudderless," where Selena is also acting and playing the main role.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
With Justin Bieber Gone, Selena Gomez Gets Back to Humanity: Visits Nepal as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
Defiant in Love: Selena Gomez Changes Phone Numbers to Avoid Parent's Advice Against Reuniting with Justin Bieber
The reviews of Selena Gomez's latest song are very positive and she has also collaborated with indie rocker Ben Kwellen on this song. The 21-year-old also plays the lead role of Kate in the movie alongside William H. Macy, Anton Yelchin, and Felicity Huffman. Directed by Macy, "Rudderless" tells the emotional story of a sad father who forms a band after discovering his late son's demo tapes.
According to directlyrics.com, the synopsis of "Rudderless" is as follows: "A grieving father in a downward spiral stumbles across a box of his recently deceased son's demo tapes and lyrics. Shocked by the discovery of this unknown talent, he forms a band in the hope of finding some catharsis."
The movie is expected to be released only in 2015 but going by the freshly released picture which shows a very emotional Selena crying, it seems the movie is going to be a big time tear jerker. Check out the crying Selena Gomez still from the movie here.
The lyrics of the latest song seem very appropriate for Selena's present life too. "Hold on, Till yesterday is far away, Don't let it get you down, It will bury you, very soon, oh yeah, Come into your own, And then let it go, Don't you know, oh yeah," Selena croons in the powerful ballad.
"When you've had enough of everything, All is left is let it go, Hold on," she sings further and it seems like the ex-girlfriend of Justin Bieber is talking about moving away from her past life and starting a new one on a fresh note.
Just like the song "Hold On" Selena has also started her life fresh which involves no friends on her Instagram account and she even embarked upon a UNICEF trip to Nepal. Meanwhile check out the new Selena Gomez song "Hold On" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS