Selena Gomez Releases New Acoustic Song 'Hold On,' Lyrics Suit Life Post Break-Up [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | June 10, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Finally, Selena Gomez has released a new song and it is called "Hold On." The catchy acoustic number is a far cry from Selena's usual pop and dance numbers that her fans are listening to till now. The song comes from the soundtrack of the upcoming movie "Rudderless," where Selena is also acting and playing the main role.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
With Justin Bieber Gone, Selena Gomez Gets Back to Humanity: Visits Nepal as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
Defiant in Love: Selena Gomez Changes Phone Numbers to Avoid Parent's Advice Against Reuniting with Justin Bieber
The reviews of Selena Gomez's latest song are very positive and she has also collaborated with indie rocker Ben Kwellen on this song. The 21-year-old also plays the lead role of Kate in the movie alongside William H. Macy, Anton Yelchin, and Felicity Huffman. Directed by Macy, "Rudderless" tells the emotional story of a sad father who forms a band after discovering his late son's demo tapes.
According to directlyrics.com, the synopsis of "Rudderless" is as follows: "A grieving father in a downward spiral stumbles across a box of his recently deceased son's demo tapes and lyrics. Shocked by the discovery of this unknown talent, he forms a band in the hope of finding some catharsis."
The movie is expected to be released only in 2015 but going by the freshly released picture which shows a very emotional Selena crying, it seems the movie is going to be a big time tear jerker. Check out the crying Selena Gomez still from the movie here.
The lyrics of the latest song seem very appropriate for Selena's present life too. "Hold on, Till yesterday is far away, Don't let it get you down, It will bury you, very soon, oh yeah, Come into your own, And then let it go, Don't you know, oh yeah," Selena croons in the powerful ballad.
"When you've had enough of everything, All is left is let it go, Hold on," she sings further and it seems like the ex-girlfriend of Justin Bieber is talking about moving away from her past life and starting a new one on a fresh note.
Just like the song "Hold On" Selena has also started her life fresh which involves no friends on her Instagram account and she even embarked upon a UNICEF trip to Nepal. Meanwhile check out the new Selena Gomez song "Hold On" below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members