All About ‘Halo 5: Guardians,” the Multiplayer Beta, Screenshots and the Masterchief Collection
By Gel Galang | June 10, 2014 12:49 PM EST
On November 11, the rumoured "Master Chief Collection" for the Halo franchise has been confirmed coming for the 10-year celebration of "Halo 2."
The "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" packs in "Halo: Combat Evolved," "Halo 2," "Halo 3" and "Halo 4" on a single disc and will be sold at $59.99. But this isn't just a collection of games, as Xbox Wire reveals that there will be a number of enhancements and bonuses coming in.
The first is that all the games have been optimized for the Xbox One hardware with a 60FPS promised resolution and detail. Cinematics for the games have also been improved, as part of the 10-year celebration, plus a cinematic new prologue and epilogue that connects with the upcoming "Halo 5: Guardians."
Also included in "The Master Chief Collection" are the multiplayer content for all of the games, even the download-only maps, making this the truly comprehensive collection for any Halo fan.
As part of the extras, the collection will also include the "Halo: Nightfall," which is the digital series as produced by Ridley Scott. Part of the digital series is related to "Halo 5: Guardians," as it will introduce a new significant character for the game.
To give you a good picture of what to expect for "The Master Chief Collection," here' sa tweet from the official @Halo:
— Halo (@Halo) June 9, 2014
Fun Fact! #Halo: The Master Chief Collection has 93 competitive MP maps, 50 Spartan Ops missions from Halo 4 and 45 campaign missions. — Halo (@Halo) June 9, 2014
The Multiplayer Beta for "Halo 5: Guardians" Revealed
Even with "Halo 5: Guardians" slated for a 2015 release, the Halo journey has already started. Halo Waypoint, the official web site for anything related to Halo, has revealed that the "Halo 5: Guardians" will have its multiplayer beta on December 27.
The mentioned "The Master Chief Collection" will have exclusive content for the beta, so those who want to have the edge when the beta comes may want to unlock those exclusive items, as they will carry over to the "Halo 5: Guardians" title.
For the meantime, Halo Waypoint has released a couple of new screenshots and wallpapers of "The Master Chief Collection" and "Halo: Nightfall."
If that's not enough, the "Halo 5: Guardians" beta trailer has already been shown off, which will boast 60FPS on dedicated servers, and new abilities for the players. As mentioned, the beta will be included in "The Master Chief Collection." Check out the brief look at the action in the trailer below.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal