All About ‘Halo 5: Guardians,” the Multiplayer Beta, Screenshots and the Masterchief Collection
By Gel Galang | June 10, 2014 12:49 PM EST
On November 11, the rumoured "Master Chief Collection" for the Halo franchise has been confirmed coming for the 10-year celebration of "Halo 2."
The "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" packs in "Halo: Combat Evolved," "Halo 2," "Halo 3" and "Halo 4" on a single disc and will be sold at $59.99. But this isn't just a collection of games, as Xbox Wire reveals that there will be a number of enhancements and bonuses coming in.
The first is that all the games have been optimized for the Xbox One hardware with a 60FPS promised resolution and detail. Cinematics for the games have also been improved, as part of the 10-year celebration, plus a cinematic new prologue and epilogue that connects with the upcoming "Halo 5: Guardians."
Also included in "The Master Chief Collection" are the multiplayer content for all of the games, even the download-only maps, making this the truly comprehensive collection for any Halo fan.
As part of the extras, the collection will also include the "Halo: Nightfall," which is the digital series as produced by Ridley Scott. Part of the digital series is related to "Halo 5: Guardians," as it will introduce a new significant character for the game.
To give you a good picture of what to expect for "The Master Chief Collection," here' sa tweet from the official @Halo:
— Halo (@Halo) June 9, 2014
Fun Fact! #Halo: The Master Chief Collection has 93 competitive MP maps, 50 Spartan Ops missions from Halo 4 and 45 campaign missions. — Halo (@Halo) June 9, 2014
The Multiplayer Beta for "Halo 5: Guardians" Revealed
Even with "Halo 5: Guardians" slated for a 2015 release, the Halo journey has already started. Halo Waypoint, the official web site for anything related to Halo, has revealed that the "Halo 5: Guardians" will have its multiplayer beta on December 27.
The mentioned "The Master Chief Collection" will have exclusive content for the beta, so those who want to have the edge when the beta comes may want to unlock those exclusive items, as they will carry over to the "Halo 5: Guardians" title.
For the meantime, Halo Waypoint has released a couple of new screenshots and wallpapers of "The Master Chief Collection" and "Halo: Nightfall."
If that's not enough, the "Halo 5: Guardians" beta trailer has already been shown off, which will boast 60FPS on dedicated servers, and new abilities for the players. As mentioned, the beta will be included in "The Master Chief Collection." Check out the brief look at the action in the trailer below.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy