All About ‘Halo 5: Guardians,” the Multiplayer Beta, Screenshots and the Masterchief Collection
By Gel Galang | June 10, 2014 12:49 PM EST
On November 11, the rumoured "Master Chief Collection" for the Halo franchise has been confirmed coming for the 10-year celebration of "Halo 2."
The "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" packs in "Halo: Combat Evolved," "Halo 2," "Halo 3" and "Halo 4" on a single disc and will be sold at $59.99. But this isn't just a collection of games, as Xbox Wire reveals that there will be a number of enhancements and bonuses coming in.
The first is that all the games have been optimized for the Xbox One hardware with a 60FPS promised resolution and detail. Cinematics for the games have also been improved, as part of the 10-year celebration, plus a cinematic new prologue and epilogue that connects with the upcoming "Halo 5: Guardians."
Also included in "The Master Chief Collection" are the multiplayer content for all of the games, even the download-only maps, making this the truly comprehensive collection for any Halo fan.
As part of the extras, the collection will also include the "Halo: Nightfall," which is the digital series as produced by Ridley Scott. Part of the digital series is related to "Halo 5: Guardians," as it will introduce a new significant character for the game.
To give you a good picture of what to expect for "The Master Chief Collection," here' sa tweet from the official @Halo:
— Halo (@Halo) June 9, 2014
Fun Fact! #Halo: The Master Chief Collection has 93 competitive MP maps, 50 Spartan Ops missions from Halo 4 and 45 campaign missions. — Halo (@Halo) June 9, 2014
The Multiplayer Beta for "Halo 5: Guardians" Revealed
Even with "Halo 5: Guardians" slated for a 2015 release, the Halo journey has already started. Halo Waypoint, the official web site for anything related to Halo, has revealed that the "Halo 5: Guardians" will have its multiplayer beta on December 27.
The mentioned "The Master Chief Collection" will have exclusive content for the beta, so those who want to have the edge when the beta comes may want to unlock those exclusive items, as they will carry over to the "Halo 5: Guardians" title.
For the meantime, Halo Waypoint has released a couple of new screenshots and wallpapers of "The Master Chief Collection" and "Halo: Nightfall."
If that's not enough, the "Halo 5: Guardians" beta trailer has already been shown off, which will boast 60FPS on dedicated servers, and new abilities for the players. As mentioned, the beta will be included in "The Master Chief Collection." Check out the brief look at the action in the trailer below.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]