All About ‘Halo 5: Guardians,” the Multiplayer Beta, Screenshots and the Masterchief Collection
By Gel Galang | June 10, 2014 12:49 PM EST
On November 11, the rumoured "Master Chief Collection" for the Halo franchise has been confirmed coming for the 10-year celebration of "Halo 2."
The "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" packs in "Halo: Combat Evolved," "Halo 2," "Halo 3" and "Halo 4" on a single disc and will be sold at $59.99. But this isn't just a collection of games, as Xbox Wire reveals that there will be a number of enhancements and bonuses coming in.
The first is that all the games have been optimized for the Xbox One hardware with a 60FPS promised resolution and detail. Cinematics for the games have also been improved, as part of the 10-year celebration, plus a cinematic new prologue and epilogue that connects with the upcoming "Halo 5: Guardians."
Also included in "The Master Chief Collection" are the multiplayer content for all of the games, even the download-only maps, making this the truly comprehensive collection for any Halo fan.
As part of the extras, the collection will also include the "Halo: Nightfall," which is the digital series as produced by Ridley Scott. Part of the digital series is related to "Halo 5: Guardians," as it will introduce a new significant character for the game.
To give you a good picture of what to expect for "The Master Chief Collection," here' sa tweet from the official @Halo:
— Halo (@Halo) June 9, 2014
Fun Fact! #Halo: The Master Chief Collection has 93 competitive MP maps, 50 Spartan Ops missions from Halo 4 and 45 campaign missions. — Halo (@Halo) June 9, 2014
The Multiplayer Beta for "Halo 5: Guardians" Revealed
Even with "Halo 5: Guardians" slated for a 2015 release, the Halo journey has already started. Halo Waypoint, the official web site for anything related to Halo, has revealed that the "Halo 5: Guardians" will have its multiplayer beta on December 27.
The mentioned "The Master Chief Collection" will have exclusive content for the beta, so those who want to have the edge when the beta comes may want to unlock those exclusive items, as they will carry over to the "Halo 5: Guardians" title.
For the meantime, Halo Waypoint has released a couple of new screenshots and wallpapers of "The Master Chief Collection" and "Halo: Nightfall."
If that's not enough, the "Halo 5: Guardians" beta trailer has already been shown off, which will boast 60FPS on dedicated servers, and new abilities for the players. As mentioned, the beta will be included in "The Master Chief Collection." Check out the brief look at the action in the trailer below.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar