Iggy Azalea’s Mexico Getaway with NBA Beau Nick Young; Covers Billboard Magazine
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 10, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Iggy Azalea and Nick Young reportedly went on a vacation in Mexico.
Young and Azalea both celebrated their birthdays in June. Azalea turned 24 on June 7, while Young turned 29 on June 1. The lovely pair took some time to relax and soak up a few rays in the beach, Hotnewhiphop.com reported. Azalea even shared a few snaps from their fun and romantic getaway on Instagram. Azalea donned a sexy turquoise two-piece bikini while her Los Angeles Lakers beau, Young, simply looked laid-back in a cut-off jeans.
Singer Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Meanwhile, Azalea, who is rocking the Billboard charts nowadays with her hit songs "Fancy" and "Problem" with Ariana Grande, has landed the cover of its latest magazine issue. The flawless Aussie singer-rapper was ecstatic of her making the cover and shared it to her social media followers.
"Hey guys, I'm on the cover of Billboard," she wrote on Instagram. "Thanks for all the support. Never really saw this being possible and here we are, I appreciate it very much," she added.
According to Billboard, Azalea is the first musical artist after The Beatles to have her first debut hits at the number 1 and 2 spots simultaneously. On the topic of such feat, Azalea kept her modesty intact. "It doesn't mean anything, I'd rather be The Rolling Stones."
Azalea also revealed how she had developed a liking to the rap music. She said that the late American rapper Tupac Shakur has always had a strong influence on her. She was just 11 years old when she first heard one of Tupac's songs "Baby Don't Cry." Three years later, Azalea began writing her own rap songs and started spending a lot of time at clubs in Sydney. "When I first started rapping, I thought I'd move to the city, but when I got there, I was like 'These people are still not my people."
Azalea moved to the U.S. in 2007 when she was only 16 years of age. She apparently told her mother that she was only going on a trip with a friend, but, truthfully, Azalea had no intentions of going back. She reportedly lived in Houston and Atlanta before moving to Los Angeles in 2010.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate