Iggy Azalea’s Mexico Getaway with NBA Beau Nick Young; Covers Billboard Magazine
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 10, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Iggy Azalea and Nick Young reportedly went on a vacation in Mexico.
Young and Azalea both celebrated their birthdays in June. Azalea turned 24 on June 7, while Young turned 29 on June 1. The lovely pair took some time to relax and soak up a few rays in the beach, Hotnewhiphop.com reported. Azalea even shared a few snaps from their fun and romantic getaway on Instagram. Azalea donned a sexy turquoise two-piece bikini while her Los Angeles Lakers beau, Young, simply looked laid-back in a cut-off jeans.
Singer Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Meanwhile, Azalea, who is rocking the Billboard charts nowadays with her hit songs "Fancy" and "Problem" with Ariana Grande, has landed the cover of its latest magazine issue. The flawless Aussie singer-rapper was ecstatic of her making the cover and shared it to her social media followers.
"Hey guys, I'm on the cover of Billboard," she wrote on Instagram. "Thanks for all the support. Never really saw this being possible and here we are, I appreciate it very much," she added.
According to Billboard, Azalea is the first musical artist after The Beatles to have her first debut hits at the number 1 and 2 spots simultaneously. On the topic of such feat, Azalea kept her modesty intact. "It doesn't mean anything, I'd rather be The Rolling Stones."
Azalea also revealed how she had developed a liking to the rap music. She said that the late American rapper Tupac Shakur has always had a strong influence on her. She was just 11 years old when she first heard one of Tupac's songs "Baby Don't Cry." Three years later, Azalea began writing her own rap songs and started spending a lot of time at clubs in Sydney. "When I first started rapping, I thought I'd move to the city, but when I got there, I was like 'These people are still not my people."
Azalea moved to the U.S. in 2007 when she was only 16 years of age. She apparently told her mother that she was only going on a trip with a friend, but, truthfully, Azalea had no intentions of going back. She reportedly lived in Houston and Atlanta before moving to Los Angeles in 2010.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air