Iggy Azalea’s Mexico Getaway with NBA Beau Nick Young; Covers Billboard Magazine
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 10, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Iggy Azalea and Nick Young reportedly went on a vacation in Mexico.
Young and Azalea both celebrated their birthdays in June. Azalea turned 24 on June 7, while Young turned 29 on June 1. The lovely pair took some time to relax and soak up a few rays in the beach, Hotnewhiphop.com reported. Azalea even shared a few snaps from their fun and romantic getaway on Instagram. Azalea donned a sexy turquoise two-piece bikini while her Los Angeles Lakers beau, Young, simply looked laid-back in a cut-off jeans.
Singer Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Meanwhile, Azalea, who is rocking the Billboard charts nowadays with her hit songs "Fancy" and "Problem" with Ariana Grande, has landed the cover of its latest magazine issue. The flawless Aussie singer-rapper was ecstatic of her making the cover and shared it to her social media followers.
"Hey guys, I'm on the cover of Billboard," she wrote on Instagram. "Thanks for all the support. Never really saw this being possible and here we are, I appreciate it very much," she added.
According to Billboard, Azalea is the first musical artist after The Beatles to have her first debut hits at the number 1 and 2 spots simultaneously. On the topic of such feat, Azalea kept her modesty intact. "It doesn't mean anything, I'd rather be The Rolling Stones."
Azalea also revealed how she had developed a liking to the rap music. She said that the late American rapper Tupac Shakur has always had a strong influence on her. She was just 11 years old when she first heard one of Tupac's songs "Baby Don't Cry." Three years later, Azalea began writing her own rap songs and started spending a lot of time at clubs in Sydney. "When I first started rapping, I thought I'd move to the city, but when I got there, I was like 'These people are still not my people."
Azalea moved to the U.S. in 2007 when she was only 16 years of age. She apparently told her mother that she was only going on a trip with a friend, but, truthfully, Azalea had no intentions of going back. She reportedly lived in Houston and Atlanta before moving to Los Angeles in 2010.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows