Iggy Azalea’s Mexico Getaway with NBA Beau Nick Young; Covers Billboard Magazine
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 10, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Iggy Azalea and Nick Young reportedly went on a vacation in Mexico.
Young and Azalea both celebrated their birthdays in June. Azalea turned 24 on June 7, while Young turned 29 on June 1. The lovely pair took some time to relax and soak up a few rays in the beach, Hotnewhiphop.com reported. Azalea even shared a few snaps from their fun and romantic getaway on Instagram. Azalea donned a sexy turquoise two-piece bikini while her Los Angeles Lakers beau, Young, simply looked laid-back in a cut-off jeans.
Singer Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Meanwhile, Azalea, who is rocking the Billboard charts nowadays with her hit songs "Fancy" and "Problem" with Ariana Grande, has landed the cover of its latest magazine issue. The flawless Aussie singer-rapper was ecstatic of her making the cover and shared it to her social media followers.
"Hey guys, I'm on the cover of Billboard," she wrote on Instagram. "Thanks for all the support. Never really saw this being possible and here we are, I appreciate it very much," she added.
According to Billboard, Azalea is the first musical artist after The Beatles to have her first debut hits at the number 1 and 2 spots simultaneously. On the topic of such feat, Azalea kept her modesty intact. "It doesn't mean anything, I'd rather be The Rolling Stones."
Azalea also revealed how she had developed a liking to the rap music. She said that the late American rapper Tupac Shakur has always had a strong influence on her. She was just 11 years old when she first heard one of Tupac's songs "Baby Don't Cry." Three years later, Azalea began writing her own rap songs and started spending a lot of time at clubs in Sydney. "When I first started rapping, I thought I'd move to the city, but when I got there, I was like 'These people are still not my people."
Azalea moved to the U.S. in 2007 when she was only 16 years of age. She apparently told her mother that she was only going on a trip with a friend, but, truthfully, Azalea had no intentions of going back. She reportedly lived in Houston and Atlanta before moving to Los Angeles in 2010.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko