Kristen Stewart Owes Career to Sleeping with Directors, Joan Rivers Claims
By Anne Lu | June 10, 2014 9:05 AM EST
Kristen Stewart only has a career because she slept with a director, according to Joan Rivers. In her upcoming book “Diary of a Mad Diva,” the 81-year-old comic went after a few big names in Hollywood, including the “Twilight” starlet.
Cast member Kristen Stewart poses on the red carpet as she leaves after the screening of the film "Sils Maria" (Clouds of Sils Maria) in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 23,
According to the excerpt obtained by The New York Post, Rivers targeted the 24-year-old actress, saying that she only has a career now because she had an affair with Rupert Sanders,her “Snow White and the Huntsman” director.
“Many stars only do one thing well,” the octogenarian wrote. “Of course, the best one-trick pony is Kristen Stewart, who got a whole career by being able to juggle directors’ balls.”
It can be recalled that Stewart hit tabloid headlines in 2012 when she was photographed getting cosy with Sanders, 43.
Us magazine published a photo of the two, with Sanders wrapping his arms around Stewart in a tender embrace.
Sanders was married at that time to Liberty Ross, who played Stewart’s mother in “Snow White and the Huntsman.” Ross subsequently filed for divorce from him following the scandal. They have two children together.
Stewart, on the other hand, was in a relationship with her “Twilight” co-star Robert Pattinson.
Apart from Stewart, Rivers has also dissed a number of other celebrities in her book, including the generally likeable Pharrell.
“No one is allowed to dress up anymore during Award Season... The networks have new decency guidelines, which insist that no more breasts, buttocks or genitalia show. Luckily, because of celebrities like Pharrell and his stupid hat, we’ll still be able to see a—holes.”
As for former reality TV star Paris Hilton, Rivers has advice for her.
“It’s all over the news that Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy to prevent getting cancer. I think Paris Hilton should... step up to the plate and try to prevent STDs. It would be so easy for her. All she would have to do is have her knees fused together.”
Rivers is known for her acerbic tongue. She has previously targeted British singer Adele over the Grammy Award winner’s weight, as well as the victims of Ariel Castro’s kidnappings among many others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal