Kristen Stewart Owes Career to Sleeping with Directors, Joan Rivers Claims
By Anne Lu | June 10, 2014 9:05 AM EST
Kristen Stewart only has a career because she slept with a director, according to Joan Rivers. In her upcoming book “Diary of a Mad Diva,” the 81-year-old comic went after a few big names in Hollywood, including the “Twilight” starlet.
Cast member Kristen Stewart poses on the red carpet as she leaves after the screening of the film "Sils Maria" (Clouds of Sils Maria) in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 23,
According to the excerpt obtained by The New York Post, Rivers targeted the 24-year-old actress, saying that she only has a career now because she had an affair with Rupert Sanders,her “Snow White and the Huntsman” director.
“Many stars only do one thing well,” the octogenarian wrote. “Of course, the best one-trick pony is Kristen Stewart, who got a whole career by being able to juggle directors’ balls.”
It can be recalled that Stewart hit tabloid headlines in 2012 when she was photographed getting cosy with Sanders, 43.
Us magazine published a photo of the two, with Sanders wrapping his arms around Stewart in a tender embrace.
Sanders was married at that time to Liberty Ross, who played Stewart’s mother in “Snow White and the Huntsman.” Ross subsequently filed for divorce from him following the scandal. They have two children together.
Stewart, on the other hand, was in a relationship with her “Twilight” co-star Robert Pattinson.
Apart from Stewart, Rivers has also dissed a number of other celebrities in her book, including the generally likeable Pharrell.
“No one is allowed to dress up anymore during Award Season... The networks have new decency guidelines, which insist that no more breasts, buttocks or genitalia show. Luckily, because of celebrities like Pharrell and his stupid hat, we’ll still be able to see a—holes.”
As for former reality TV star Paris Hilton, Rivers has advice for her.
“It’s all over the news that Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy to prevent getting cancer. I think Paris Hilton should... step up to the plate and try to prevent STDs. It would be so easy for her. All she would have to do is have her knees fused together.”
Rivers is known for her acerbic tongue. She has previously targeted British singer Adele over the Grammy Award winner’s weight, as well as the victims of Ariel Castro’s kidnappings among many others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate