Kristen Stewart Owes Career to Sleeping with Directors, Joan Rivers Claims
By Anne Lu | June 10, 2014 9:05 AM EST
Kristen Stewart only has a career because she slept with a director, according to Joan Rivers. In her upcoming book “Diary of a Mad Diva,” the 81-year-old comic went after a few big names in Hollywood, including the “Twilight” starlet.
Cast member Kristen Stewart poses on the red carpet as she leaves after the screening of the film "Sils Maria" (Clouds of Sils Maria) in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 23,
According to the excerpt obtained by The New York Post, Rivers targeted the 24-year-old actress, saying that she only has a career now because she had an affair with Rupert Sanders,her “Snow White and the Huntsman” director.
“Many stars only do one thing well,” the octogenarian wrote. “Of course, the best one-trick pony is Kristen Stewart, who got a whole career by being able to juggle directors’ balls.”
It can be recalled that Stewart hit tabloid headlines in 2012 when she was photographed getting cosy with Sanders, 43.
Us magazine published a photo of the two, with Sanders wrapping his arms around Stewart in a tender embrace.
Sanders was married at that time to Liberty Ross, who played Stewart’s mother in “Snow White and the Huntsman.” Ross subsequently filed for divorce from him following the scandal. They have two children together.
Stewart, on the other hand, was in a relationship with her “Twilight” co-star Robert Pattinson.
Apart from Stewart, Rivers has also dissed a number of other celebrities in her book, including the generally likeable Pharrell.
“No one is allowed to dress up anymore during Award Season... The networks have new decency guidelines, which insist that no more breasts, buttocks or genitalia show. Luckily, because of celebrities like Pharrell and his stupid hat, we’ll still be able to see a—holes.”
As for former reality TV star Paris Hilton, Rivers has advice for her.
“It’s all over the news that Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy to prevent getting cancer. I think Paris Hilton should... step up to the plate and try to prevent STDs. It would be so easy for her. All she would have to do is have her knees fused together.”
Rivers is known for her acerbic tongue. She has previously targeted British singer Adele over the Grammy Award winner’s weight, as well as the victims of Ariel Castro’s kidnappings among many others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air