Boxing News 2014: Mayweather Rejects Pacquiao as Ring Opponent
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 10, 2014 8:23 AM EST
In spite of a belief by Top Rank Promotions boss Bob Arum and promises by Prince Amir Shafipour that the Dream Match between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather would still take place, Money May insisted he has lost interest in fighting the Filipino champ.
"Now, I am feeling I wouldn't even give him a chance. He had a chance and he blew it," Stance.com reports, quoting the unbeaten American boxer.
The stand of Money May received a lot of flak from netizens who shared their comments on the Web site.
Roland S said that Mayweather "is just too afraid of manny. He's not a BOXER, he's CHICKEN."
Adrian F added, "The running away is over. Mayweather should prove his real power as he claims it to be."
Harvox P believes Mayweather is a disgrace to African-Americans who dominate the sports if he continues to find excuses not to face Pacquiao inside the ring.
Arum believes the match would take place before 2016 ends and has expressed willingness to sit down with the Money team to work out details even if Mayweather has stated he would not deal with Arum.
The Top Rank boss said that refusing to deal with him is just one of Mayweather's many whole line of excuses. Arum also pointed to Money May's lucrative deal with satellite TV network Showtime, which pays the American boxer big money for his fights, as another excuse.
The UAE prince has promised to bring the Pacquiao-Mayweather bout to Dubai in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims