Boxing News 2014: Mayweather Rejects Pacquiao as Ring Opponent
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 10, 2014 8:23 AM EST
In spite of a belief by Top Rank Promotions boss Bob Arum and promises by Prince Amir Shafipour that the Dream Match between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather would still take place, Money May insisted he has lost interest in fighting the Filipino champ.
"Now, I am feeling I wouldn't even give him a chance. He had a chance and he blew it," Stance.com reports, quoting the unbeaten American boxer.
The stand of Money May received a lot of flak from netizens who shared their comments on the Web site.
Roland S said that Mayweather "is just too afraid of manny. He's not a BOXER, he's CHICKEN."
Adrian F added, "The running away is over. Mayweather should prove his real power as he claims it to be."
Harvox P believes Mayweather is a disgrace to African-Americans who dominate the sports if he continues to find excuses not to face Pacquiao inside the ring.
Arum believes the match would take place before 2016 ends and has expressed willingness to sit down with the Money team to work out details even if Mayweather has stated he would not deal with Arum.
The Top Rank boss said that refusing to deal with him is just one of Mayweather's many whole line of excuses. Arum also pointed to Money May's lucrative deal with satellite TV network Showtime, which pays the American boxer big money for his fights, as another excuse.
The UAE prince has promised to bring the Pacquiao-Mayweather bout to Dubai in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar