Kristen Stewart Casting for 'Beauty & The Beast' a Joke, Actress 'Too Rough Around' the Edges
June 10, 2014 8:02 AM EST
Kristen Stewart Casting for 'Beauty & The Beast' a Joke, Actress Too Rough Around the Edges
Strongly considered to play Belle in the live-action version of Disney's "Beauty and the Beast," Kristen Stewart is in tight competition with British actress Emma Watson for the role. But not everyone is happy with the news, according to The Stir the "Twilight" star's casting for the princess role is a joke for its impossible to picture the actress to play an innocent, sweet Belle.
According to the publication, the "Snow White and the Huntsman" star is not the right actress for the job because she doesn't fit physically for the part.
"While there are certain Disney roles Kristen would probably be well suited for, Belle simply isn't one of them," based on a report posted on The Stir.
"Aside from the fact that there's nothing remotely naive about her, she doesn't really fit the part physically either. Sure, she's pretty in an unconventional way, but Belle is more of a classic beauty. Kristen is just ... a bit too rough around the edges or something," the report reads.
With the box office success of Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent," Disney is banking on another live-action fairytale adaptation and this time "Twilight" director Bill Condon is set to direct a new version of "Beauty and the Beast."
"The process and the script for the movie are still in the beginning stages but as it fleshes out, Bill Condon has definitely thought of Kristen Stewart as a possible Belle," a source told Hollywood Life in an interview.
Scheduled to be released on 2015 or 2016, the actress chances to play the lead role is 50/50 for the film is devoted for Beast, and Disney needs someone who is younger to play Belle. The 24-year-old controversial star has been making a lot buzz when it comes to her personal life and landing the role for Disney could be her next big hit after "Snow White."
Always a hot topic, Stewart was slammed by Joan Rivers on her new novel "Diary of a Mad Diva," claiming that the starlet "slept her way to the super stardom," according to reports. Known for her harsh criticism of celebs, Rivers talked about actress' controversial affair with her married director Rupert Sanders in 2012.
"Many stars only do one thing well," Joan wrote. "Of course, the best one-trick pony is Kristen Stewart, who got a whole career by being able to juggle directors' balls."
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate