TLC Slams Rihanna for Provocative Gown, Riri Disses Back 'No Scrubs' Singers on Twitter
By charmaine corne clutton | June 10, 2014 7:49 AM EST
Rihanna is a good girl gone bad. From her shift to innocent songs to provocative hits, Rihanna is determined to show the world that she is an independent and strong woman. Riri is also not afraid to flaunt her sexuality, obvious in the ensembles the "Diamonds" singer dons during red carpets or public appearances.
Singer Rihanna arrives for the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Awards at Lincoln Center in New York June 2, 2014.
Recently, the "We Found Love" singer came under fire for wearing a nipple-baring gown to the recently-concluded CFDA Awards. Countless designers brought their muses to the event such as Blakely Lively for Michael Kors, Zac Posen for Great Gerwig and Solange Knowles for Francisco Costa.
Adam Selman's muse, however, has ensured all eyes were glued to her as she arrived to collect the inaugural Fashion Icon Award-Rihanna, clad in a custom-made gown which featured more than 216,000 Swarovski crystals was still not enough to cover her modesty.
The dress created a furor among Riri's fans, as well as other pop singers. During a recent interview with an Australian radio station, girl group members T-Boz and Chilli of TLC slammed the "Diamonds" singer for constantly flaunting her naked body to sell records.
"Every time I see you, you don't have to be naked." T-Boz said in the interview. "It's hard for us to say anything because any time we do, they say, 'Oh, TLC must be jealous,' but it is what it is. I call a spade a spade. We became the biggest selling girl group with our clothes on, and that says a lot. It's easy to sell sex. We could go around with booby cakes all day long."
In response, Rihanna typically reacted to TLC's slamming by changing her Twitter background to a picture of a topless TLC and then posted a series of stunning series of subtweets. In one tweet, Rihanna said, "When there's no changing the fact that I'm me, and they're well...they're them."
While TLC have yet to respond to Rihanna's diss, the "Diamonds" singer is still in a cyber feud with Instagram after the social networking site banned her account due to her incessant posting of pictures that exposed her breasts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate