TLC Slams Rihanna for Provocative Gown, Riri Disses Back 'No Scrubs' Singers on Twitter
By charmaine corne clutton | June 10, 2014 7:49 AM EST
Rihanna is a good girl gone bad. From her shift to innocent songs to provocative hits, Rihanna is determined to show the world that she is an independent and strong woman. Riri is also not afraid to flaunt her sexuality, obvious in the ensembles the "Diamonds" singer dons during red carpets or public appearances.
Singer Rihanna arrives for the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Awards at Lincoln Center in New York June 2, 2014.
Recently, the "We Found Love" singer came under fire for wearing a nipple-baring gown to the recently-concluded CFDA Awards. Countless designers brought their muses to the event such as Blakely Lively for Michael Kors, Zac Posen for Great Gerwig and Solange Knowles for Francisco Costa.
Adam Selman's muse, however, has ensured all eyes were glued to her as she arrived to collect the inaugural Fashion Icon Award-Rihanna, clad in a custom-made gown which featured more than 216,000 Swarovski crystals was still not enough to cover her modesty.
The dress created a furor among Riri's fans, as well as other pop singers. During a recent interview with an Australian radio station, girl group members T-Boz and Chilli of TLC slammed the "Diamonds" singer for constantly flaunting her naked body to sell records.
"Every time I see you, you don't have to be naked." T-Boz said in the interview. "It's hard for us to say anything because any time we do, they say, 'Oh, TLC must be jealous,' but it is what it is. I call a spade a spade. We became the biggest selling girl group with our clothes on, and that says a lot. It's easy to sell sex. We could go around with booby cakes all day long."
In response, Rihanna typically reacted to TLC's slamming by changing her Twitter background to a picture of a topless TLC and then posted a series of stunning series of subtweets. In one tweet, Rihanna said, "When there's no changing the fact that I'm me, and they're well...they're them."
While TLC have yet to respond to Rihanna's diss, the "Diamonds" singer is still in a cyber feud with Instagram after the social networking site banned her account due to her incessant posting of pictures that exposed her breasts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast