TLC Slams Rihanna for Provocative Gown, Riri Disses Back 'No Scrubs' Singers on Twitter
By charmaine corne clutton | June 10, 2014 7:49 AM EST
Rihanna is a good girl gone bad. From her shift to innocent songs to provocative hits, Rihanna is determined to show the world that she is an independent and strong woman. Riri is also not afraid to flaunt her sexuality, obvious in the ensembles the "Diamonds" singer dons during red carpets or public appearances.
Singer Rihanna arrives for the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Awards at Lincoln Center in New York June 2, 2014.
Recently, the "We Found Love" singer came under fire for wearing a nipple-baring gown to the recently-concluded CFDA Awards. Countless designers brought their muses to the event such as Blakely Lively for Michael Kors, Zac Posen for Great Gerwig and Solange Knowles for Francisco Costa.
Adam Selman's muse, however, has ensured all eyes were glued to her as she arrived to collect the inaugural Fashion Icon Award-Rihanna, clad in a custom-made gown which featured more than 216,000 Swarovski crystals was still not enough to cover her modesty.
The dress created a furor among Riri's fans, as well as other pop singers. During a recent interview with an Australian radio station, girl group members T-Boz and Chilli of TLC slammed the "Diamonds" singer for constantly flaunting her naked body to sell records.
"Every time I see you, you don't have to be naked." T-Boz said in the interview. "It's hard for us to say anything because any time we do, they say, 'Oh, TLC must be jealous,' but it is what it is. I call a spade a spade. We became the biggest selling girl group with our clothes on, and that says a lot. It's easy to sell sex. We could go around with booby cakes all day long."
In response, Rihanna typically reacted to TLC's slamming by changing her Twitter background to a picture of a topless TLC and then posted a series of stunning series of subtweets. In one tweet, Rihanna said, "When there's no changing the fact that I'm me, and they're well...they're them."
While TLC have yet to respond to Rihanna's diss, the "Diamonds" singer is still in a cyber feud with Instagram after the social networking site banned her account due to her incessant posting of pictures that exposed her breasts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch