TLC Slams Rihanna for Provocative Gown, Riri Disses Back 'No Scrubs' Singers on Twitter
By charmaine corne clutton | June 10, 2014 7:49 AM EST
Rihanna is a good girl gone bad. From her shift to innocent songs to provocative hits, Rihanna is determined to show the world that she is an independent and strong woman. Riri is also not afraid to flaunt her sexuality, obvious in the ensembles the "Diamonds" singer dons during red carpets or public appearances.
Singer Rihanna arrives for the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Awards at Lincoln Center in New York June 2, 2014.
Recently, the "We Found Love" singer came under fire for wearing a nipple-baring gown to the recently-concluded CFDA Awards. Countless designers brought their muses to the event such as Blakely Lively for Michael Kors, Zac Posen for Great Gerwig and Solange Knowles for Francisco Costa.
Adam Selman's muse, however, has ensured all eyes were glued to her as she arrived to collect the inaugural Fashion Icon Award-Rihanna, clad in a custom-made gown which featured more than 216,000 Swarovski crystals was still not enough to cover her modesty.
The dress created a furor among Riri's fans, as well as other pop singers. During a recent interview with an Australian radio station, girl group members T-Boz and Chilli of TLC slammed the "Diamonds" singer for constantly flaunting her naked body to sell records.
"Every time I see you, you don't have to be naked." T-Boz said in the interview. "It's hard for us to say anything because any time we do, they say, 'Oh, TLC must be jealous,' but it is what it is. I call a spade a spade. We became the biggest selling girl group with our clothes on, and that says a lot. It's easy to sell sex. We could go around with booby cakes all day long."
In response, Rihanna typically reacted to TLC's slamming by changing her Twitter background to a picture of a topless TLC and then posted a series of stunning series of subtweets. In one tweet, Rihanna said, "When there's no changing the fact that I'm me, and they're well...they're them."
While TLC have yet to respond to Rihanna's diss, the "Diamonds" singer is still in a cyber feud with Instagram after the social networking site banned her account due to her incessant posting of pictures that exposed her breasts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge