TLC Slams Rihanna for Provocative Gown, Riri Disses Back 'No Scrubs' Singers on Twitter
By charmaine corne clutton | June 10, 2014 7:49 AM EST
Rihanna is a good girl gone bad. From her shift to innocent songs to provocative hits, Rihanna is determined to show the world that she is an independent and strong woman. Riri is also not afraid to flaunt her sexuality, obvious in the ensembles the "Diamonds" singer dons during red carpets or public appearances.
Singer Rihanna arrives for the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Awards at Lincoln Center in New York June 2, 2014.
Recently, the "We Found Love" singer came under fire for wearing a nipple-baring gown to the recently-concluded CFDA Awards. Countless designers brought their muses to the event such as Blakely Lively for Michael Kors, Zac Posen for Great Gerwig and Solange Knowles for Francisco Costa.
Adam Selman's muse, however, has ensured all eyes were glued to her as she arrived to collect the inaugural Fashion Icon Award-Rihanna, clad in a custom-made gown which featured more than 216,000 Swarovski crystals was still not enough to cover her modesty.
The dress created a furor among Riri's fans, as well as other pop singers. During a recent interview with an Australian radio station, girl group members T-Boz and Chilli of TLC slammed the "Diamonds" singer for constantly flaunting her naked body to sell records.
"Every time I see you, you don't have to be naked." T-Boz said in the interview. "It's hard for us to say anything because any time we do, they say, 'Oh, TLC must be jealous,' but it is what it is. I call a spade a spade. We became the biggest selling girl group with our clothes on, and that says a lot. It's easy to sell sex. We could go around with booby cakes all day long."
In response, Rihanna typically reacted to TLC's slamming by changing her Twitter background to a picture of a topless TLC and then posted a series of stunning series of subtweets. In one tweet, Rihanna said, "When there's no changing the fact that I'm me, and they're well...they're them."
While TLC have yet to respond to Rihanna's diss, the "Diamonds" singer is still in a cyber feud with Instagram after the social networking site banned her account due to her incessant posting of pictures that exposed her breasts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date