Jennifer Lopez Will Not Perform With Pitbull and Claudia Leitte on the World Cup Opener
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 9, 2014 5:03 PM EST
Jennifer Lopez will not perform on the opening ceremony of the 2014 World Cup, according to a new report.
In a statement released by Sony back in January, Lopez said that she was excited to perform at the opening ceremony of the 2014 World Cup. "I grew up in a house that loved 'futbol,' so I'm thrilled to be performing at the World Cup Opening Ceremonies with Pitbull and Claudia Leitte," said Lopez. "This is an amazing celebration of global unity, competition, and the sport," she added.
The official mascot of the FIFA 2014 World Cup, Fuleco the Armadillo, is seen on a float of Leandro de Itaquera samba school during the first night of the Special Group of the annual Carnival parade in Sao Paulo's Sambadrome February 28, 2014. REUTERS/Paulo Whitaker
Unfortunately, due to some "production issues," Lopez will not be able to perform together with Pitbull and Claudia Leitte at the World Cup Opener in Brazil on June 12, New York Daily News reported. No other details were revealed yet as to why the sexy Latina mother-of-two will not make it to put on an exhilarating show on the big event.
"FIFA said in a news release on Sunday that Cuban-American rapper Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte will sing the official tune 'We Are One' before Brazil takes on Croatia on Thursday in Sao Paolo," wrote the Web site.
Recently, the locals have voiced their aversion about the new World Cup song titled "We Are One." The Brazilians were unhappy about the song's "generic foreign rhythms and lazy stereotypes," Los Angeles Times reported. The Brazilians were a little irked that the song just have a dull and generic pop theme. The locals also didn't like the video which featured "samba dancers, barefoot children, capoeira fighters, Carnival, and half-naked people," among others. People claimed that Shakira's "Waka-Waka" was way better than the new song.
The 2014 World Cup will commence on June 12 and it will run for over a month, until July 13. The first match will be between the host nation Brazil and Croatia.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Arsenal FC Injury News: Gunners Midfielder Jack Wilshere To Be Sidelined For Weeks Due To 'Bad' Ankle Ligament Damage
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast