Jennifer Lopez Will Not Perform With Pitbull and Claudia Leitte on the World Cup Opener
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 9, 2014 5:03 PM EST
Jennifer Lopez will not perform on the opening ceremony of the 2014 World Cup, according to a new report.
In a statement released by Sony back in January, Lopez said that she was excited to perform at the opening ceremony of the 2014 World Cup. "I grew up in a house that loved 'futbol,' so I'm thrilled to be performing at the World Cup Opening Ceremonies with Pitbull and Claudia Leitte," said Lopez. "This is an amazing celebration of global unity, competition, and the sport," she added.
The official mascot of the FIFA 2014 World Cup, Fuleco the Armadillo, is seen on a float of Leandro de Itaquera samba school during the first night of the Special Group of the annual Carnival parade in Sao Paulo's Sambadrome February 28, 2014. REUTERS/Paulo Whitaker
Unfortunately, due to some "production issues," Lopez will not be able to perform together with Pitbull and Claudia Leitte at the World Cup Opener in Brazil on June 12, New York Daily News reported. No other details were revealed yet as to why the sexy Latina mother-of-two will not make it to put on an exhilarating show on the big event.
"FIFA said in a news release on Sunday that Cuban-American rapper Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte will sing the official tune 'We Are One' before Brazil takes on Croatia on Thursday in Sao Paolo," wrote the Web site.
Recently, the locals have voiced their aversion about the new World Cup song titled "We Are One." The Brazilians were unhappy about the song's "generic foreign rhythms and lazy stereotypes," Los Angeles Times reported. The Brazilians were a little irked that the song just have a dull and generic pop theme. The locals also didn't like the video which featured "samba dancers, barefoot children, capoeira fighters, Carnival, and half-naked people," among others. People claimed that Shakira's "Waka-Waka" was way better than the new song.
The 2014 World Cup will commence on June 12 and it will run for over a month, until July 13. The first match will be between the host nation Brazil and Croatia.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date