‘Game of Thrones’ HBO’s Most Popular Show: Clues for Season 4, Episode 9 Battle of Castle Black [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | June 9, 2014 9:04 AM EST
HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones" is now officially the networks most popular show ever as it managed to top the success of "The Sopranos" in 2002. Holding a record of 18.2 million per episode, the mobster drama no longer holds the torch for HBO with GOT holding the record of 18.4 million viewers as the show approached to its season 4 finale, and this Sunday's episode will feature an epic battle between the Night's Watch and the Wildlings.
Now topping NBC's "The Blacklist" as well as the other networks reality TV show "The Voice," "American Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars," the battle for the Iron Throne is television's most watched series. The show's season three is only averaging 14.4 million per episode, and that's an impressive four millions viewers more for its fourth season thanks to shows various twists like the most watched "Purple Wedding" and the last week's duel between The Viper and The Mountain.
"Raise a glass of Arbor gold. #GameofThrones is the most popular series in @HBO history. Thanks to the worldwide realm for all your support," tweeted the show.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Game of Thrones is now up 4 million viewers from the third season, and could very easily grow even more once final numbers are tallied for the remaining two episodes."
Here are some of the clues for Episode 9 "The Watchers of the Wall."
Battle of the Blackwater
Season two's epic Battle of the Blackwater was one of the show's highlight thanks to director Neil Marshall, and for this season he is back to man the camera for another epic battle between the Night's Watch and Mance Ryder's army, the Wildlings. Marshall is the perfect man for the job so fans of the show will be treated for another battle to close the show's four.
Jon Snow and Ygritte's Reunion
With the trailer's opening speech by Maester Aemon's words, "Love is the death of duty," episode nine will feature Jon Snow and Ygritte's reunion that might put their storyline to an end. John is once again in a crossroad between love and duty, and this time he have to make a choice that one of them might end up dead.
Giants or Mammoths
"Fans have speculated that around the 0:11 second mark in the trailer we get a look at mammoths - or possibly giants - used by the Wildlings," according to a report posted on THR. The website wrote that based on the show's trailer the battle might feature some mammoths and not giants whom John warned his fellow crows. So whether it is mammoths or giants, there is only one thing for sure this battle is going to be epic.
"Game of Thrones" season 4, episode 9 will be aired in HBO on Sunday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy