‘Game of Thrones’ HBO’s Most Popular Show: Clues for Season 4, Episode 9 Battle of Castle Black [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | June 9, 2014 9:04 AM EST
HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones" is now officially the networks most popular show ever as it managed to top the success of "The Sopranos" in 2002. Holding a record of 18.2 million per episode, the mobster drama no longer holds the torch for HBO with GOT holding the record of 18.4 million viewers as the show approached to its season 4 finale, and this Sunday's episode will feature an epic battle between the Night's Watch and the Wildlings.
Now topping NBC's "The Blacklist" as well as the other networks reality TV show "The Voice," "American Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars," the battle for the Iron Throne is television's most watched series. The show's season three is only averaging 14.4 million per episode, and that's an impressive four millions viewers more for its fourth season thanks to shows various twists like the most watched "Purple Wedding" and the last week's duel between The Viper and The Mountain.
"Raise a glass of Arbor gold. #GameofThrones is the most popular series in @HBO history. Thanks to the worldwide realm for all your support," tweeted the show.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Game of Thrones is now up 4 million viewers from the third season, and could very easily grow even more once final numbers are tallied for the remaining two episodes."
Here are some of the clues for Episode 9 "The Watchers of the Wall."
Battle of the Blackwater
Season two's epic Battle of the Blackwater was one of the show's highlight thanks to director Neil Marshall, and for this season he is back to man the camera for another epic battle between the Night's Watch and Mance Ryder's army, the Wildlings. Marshall is the perfect man for the job so fans of the show will be treated for another battle to close the show's four.
Jon Snow and Ygritte's Reunion
With the trailer's opening speech by Maester Aemon's words, "Love is the death of duty," episode nine will feature Jon Snow and Ygritte's reunion that might put their storyline to an end. John is once again in a crossroad between love and duty, and this time he have to make a choice that one of them might end up dead.
Giants or Mammoths
"Fans have speculated that around the 0:11 second mark in the trailer we get a look at mammoths - or possibly giants - used by the Wildlings," according to a report posted on THR. The website wrote that based on the show's trailer the battle might feature some mammoths and not giants whom John warned his fellow crows. So whether it is mammoths or giants, there is only one thing for sure this battle is going to be epic.
"Game of Thrones" season 4, episode 9 will be aired in HBO on Sunday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots