Tracy Morgan Accident Update: Kevin Hart Urges Fans to Pray for Friend, '30 Rock' Actor Still Critical
By Arlene Paredes | June 9, 2014 6:15 AM EST
Tracy Morgan, who played Tracy Jordan on the defunct NBC TV comedy series "30 Rock," is in critical condition after the limousine bus he was riding figured in a chain-reaction accident in New Jersey Saturday. Morgan's friend and fellow comedian Kevin Hart urges his over 10 million followers on Twitter to pray for his friends.
Actor Tracy Morgan and girlfriend Megan Wollover attend the Spotlight Initiative Award Gala Dinner during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, January 22, 2012.
One of Morgan's co-passengers in the limo bus died in the accident. Two others are seriously injured. James McNair aka Jimmy Mack, 62, died in the crash.
"On this Sunday I ask all of you to throw a special prayer up to the big fella for my friend "Tracy Morgan"....he's been on my mind heavy," Hart said in a series of tweets.
"I had other comedian friends that were in that car as well and I also know the passenger who passed away! This sh*t is so unfortunate," Hart's tweet continued.
USA Today reported a Wal-Mart truck driver is suspected to have caused the fatal crash. The driver has been freed on bail, while Morgan remained and two others remained in critical condition.
A report by the Associated Press said the Wal-Mart truck driver swerved to avoid a crash, but collided into the back of the limo bus.
Hart is joined by several other celebrities expressing support for Tracy Morgan and his family. Tweets of comedians Steve Martin and Chris Rock are displayed below.
NBC's Today reported Wal-Mart has released a statement saying the company "will take full responsibility" if investigation concludes the company truck did cause the fatal accident.
Morgan and his fellow passengers were on board a limousine bus owned and operated by Atlantic Transportation Services.
Chris Rock Tweets Prayer Request for Tracy Morgan
Even in critical condition Tracy Morgan is funnier than you. Pray for Tracy. http://t.co/yUy9lQyq2L
— Chris Rock (@chrisrock) June 7, 2014
Steve Martin Tweets 'Best Thoughts' to Tracy Morgan
Sending best thoughts to Tracy Morgan, injured in an auto accident last night. A real gentleman and hilariously funny. (RT w/correction) — Steve Martin (@SteveMartinToGo) June 7, 2014
Tracy Morgan's comedy career started at NBC's "Saturday Night Live." He became even more popular as Tracy Jordan in Tina Fey's "30 Rock," which also aired on NBC. The actor is a father of four. His fourth child, his first with fiancé Megan Wollover, was born barely a year ago.
"Life is [too] short people....I'm wishing everyone involved a speedy recovery!" Hart concluded his tweets in relation to Tracy Morgan's critical condition due to the fatal accident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots