'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Episode 9 Shockers, The Imp and The Bastard, Plus A Much-Awaited Comeback [Watch Promo Video]
By Arlene Paredes | June 9, 2014 4:51 AM EST
"Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 9, titled "The Watchers on the Wall," airs June 8 on HBO. "The Imp" and "The Bastard" are central characters in this year's penultimate episode. Fans expect shockers, as "Red Wedding" images stream back in their memory. A much-awaited comeback for a beloved character, could also be seen this week's must-watch pre-finale special.
Actress Sibel Kekilli from the drama "Game Of Thrones" arrives at the 20th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles, California January 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Game of Thrones Season 4. Read at your own risk.
In Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8, Oberyn Martell (Pedro Pascal) meets a gory death in the hands of The Mountain (Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson). Tywin Lannister (Charles Dance) announces death as penalty for Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage). Meanwhile, Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen), King Joffrey's real murderer, remains free.
Lord Varys aka The Spider (Conleth Hill) is playing a very crucial part in Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 9 if the TV adaptation sticks to "A Storm of Swords," the third book in George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series from which HBO's GOT is based. Tyrion kills Tywin in the 'Storm' after learning the truth about his first wife.
ASoIaF readers also expect Tyrion to kill Shae (Sibel Kekilli), as well. All the blood and gore in Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9 ("The Rains of Castamere") will haunt viewers anew as more ghastly scenes unfold in Season 4's penultimate episode.
The bastard son of Ned Stark (at least that is who he is as far as GOT viewers are concerned), Jon Snow (Kit Harington), has his own tough challenge at The Wall. The episode synopsis mentions Jon and the rest of the Night's Watch are to face "the most dangerous challenge to the Wall ever seen."
Meanwhile, there is a possibility that Lady Stoneheart, the new persona of Catelyn Stark (Michelle Fairley), will emerge in Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 9 or 10. The GOT 4 finale is likely to be more subdued that the ninth episode, but it could feature the new frightening makeover of Lady Stoneheart.
WATCH: Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 9 ('The Watchers on the Wall') | GOT 4x9 Promo Video
Tyrion Lannister's role play account on Twitter warns fans. Social media commentaries are expected to flood after the premiere broadcast of 'The Watchers.' Game of Thrones Saeson 4, Episode 9 has the potential to eclipse the Red Wedding. Fans can also watch GOT 4x9 on HBO Go.
A friendly reminder that last years Game of Thrones episode 9 was "The Rains of Castamere"
— Tyrion Lannister (@GoT_Tyrion) June 8, 2014
More TV Guide and Spoiler Features
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister, Arya Stark, Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen Updates [GOT 4x9 Promo Video]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Finale Teasers from Sophie Turner, Season 5 Surprises Coming in June Trio [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales