LG G3 Hits 100,000 Mark in Seoul in Less Than a Week; How Could LG Have Made G3 Even Better?
By Naveena Joy | June 8, 2014 10:32 PM EST
LG's new flagship G3 has been released on May 28 in South Korea. To everybody's surprise, LG has managed to sell 100,000 units of its model claiming it to be the fastest opening week sales of any smartphone in LG history.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
The Korea IT Times reported the company counted from 20,000 to 30,000 units as the daily sales volume. In comparison, LG G2 was estimated to have sold less than 10,000 units daily when it was launched in the previous year.
The report also highlighted the factors behind this kind of expansive sales with LG's aggressive advertising and marketing campaign and the specifications the phone has to offer.
The news of the LG G3 release has been going rounds for a very long time, bringing curiosity among the consumers. G3 offers impressive specs as compared to any Android smartphone that was released. It comes with a 5.5-inch, 2560 x 1440 Quad HD display, quad core Snapdragon 801 processor, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB of internal storage and 13 MP rear camera equipped with laser autofocus.
Although it has all the unique features, Chul Bae Lee, LG design executive spoke with Trusted Reviews about G3's original design. Earlier, LG G3 was pushed to make the model look even better by making its side bezels slimmer than they are currently.
Lee told the source that "To accommodate this large screen, the bezel has to be very slim, that's a given condition. I kept squeezing my engineers to make it slimmer and slimmer. They are all my friends but they didn't meet my expectations and this is the best we can do as of today. It is still one of the best in the market and it is all related to the technology development as well."
LG is touching the list of pioneer companies in terms of making smartphones with tiny bezels, although it is on the waiting list as to when the company will develop such smartphone.
Still LG positions itself in the news by selling with the current design. The recent achievement of the company revealed G3 local sales have been crushing Galaxy S5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date