LG G3 Hits 100,000 Mark in Seoul in Less Than a Week; How Could LG Have Made G3 Even Better?
By Naveena Joy | June 8, 2014 10:32 PM EST
LG's new flagship G3 has been released on May 28 in South Korea. To everybody's surprise, LG has managed to sell 100,000 units of its model claiming it to be the fastest opening week sales of any smartphone in LG history.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
The Korea IT Times reported the company counted from 20,000 to 30,000 units as the daily sales volume. In comparison, LG G2 was estimated to have sold less than 10,000 units daily when it was launched in the previous year.
The report also highlighted the factors behind this kind of expansive sales with LG's aggressive advertising and marketing campaign and the specifications the phone has to offer.
The news of the LG G3 release has been going rounds for a very long time, bringing curiosity among the consumers. G3 offers impressive specs as compared to any Android smartphone that was released. It comes with a 5.5-inch, 2560 x 1440 Quad HD display, quad core Snapdragon 801 processor, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB of internal storage and 13 MP rear camera equipped with laser autofocus.
Although it has all the unique features, Chul Bae Lee, LG design executive spoke with Trusted Reviews about G3's original design. Earlier, LG G3 was pushed to make the model look even better by making its side bezels slimmer than they are currently.
Lee told the source that "To accommodate this large screen, the bezel has to be very slim, that's a given condition. I kept squeezing my engineers to make it slimmer and slimmer. They are all my friends but they didn't meet my expectations and this is the best we can do as of today. It is still one of the best in the market and it is all related to the technology development as well."
LG is touching the list of pioneer companies in terms of making smartphones with tiny bezels, although it is on the waiting list as to when the company will develop such smartphone.
Still LG positions itself in the news by selling with the current design. The recent achievement of the company revealed G3 local sales have been crushing Galaxy S5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery