George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin: Couple Getting Cold Feet, Reasons 'They Won’t Tie the Knot'
By Riza Ornos | June 8, 2014 10:26 PM EST
After two months the serial dater a.k.a. George Clooney has decided to propose to Ama Alamuddin, rumors of the couple's impending breakup is already in the horizon.
According to Celebrity Laundry, "George and Amal are both getting cold feet about the marriage, despite diving headfirst into their engagement."
The two-time Oscar-winning actor popped the question to the human rights lawyer in April 28 after they've been dating for 8 months. Reports said the actor's decision was one of his moves for his political ambition. Amal is a woman who can stand tall right by his side if he decides to run for office with her family within the lineage of politicians.
"He has big ambitions and aims to get into politics imminently," a friend close to Clooney told The Mirror.
"He wants to do more humanitarian work and hopes to join the Democrats' 2016 election campaign...Now [that] he has Amal by his side it will give him more credibility to run for office."
Considering that the 36-year-old lawyer is from a Druze family of sheikhs, the Hollywood star should be worried about his actor lifestyle, including his pastime of drinking alcohol.
"Amal, being cosmopolitan and a world-famous barrister, obviously doesn't have the same issues with George, but will she convince her family that she's making the right choice?" the publication reported.
"The Descendants" actor's womanizing past also worries his bride-to-be and she doesn't know if he can connect with her family's strict culture, knowing that her extended family are strictly religious and conservative people. How are they going to deal with George's movie star status?
If the two decided to marry, their children will not be Druze since the actor cannot convert to their religion. This is one of the many issues that Amal's family are reportedly not happy about their engagement.
There are rumors that the couple plan to walk down the aisle in September in Italy. But still there are no reports yet on the date of their big day.
Clooney will star on his upcoming Disney movie, "Tomorrowland," on May 22, 2015, alongside Hugh Laurie, Judy Greer and Brit Robertson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People