George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin: Couple Getting Cold Feet, Reasons 'They Won’t Tie the Knot'
By Riza Ornos | June 8, 2014 10:26 PM EST
After two months the serial dater a.k.a. George Clooney has decided to propose to Ama Alamuddin, rumors of the couple's impending breakup is already in the horizon.
According to Celebrity Laundry, "George and Amal are both getting cold feet about the marriage, despite diving headfirst into their engagement."
The two-time Oscar-winning actor popped the question to the human rights lawyer in April 28 after they've been dating for 8 months. Reports said the actor's decision was one of his moves for his political ambition. Amal is a woman who can stand tall right by his side if he decides to run for office with her family within the lineage of politicians.
"He has big ambitions and aims to get into politics imminently," a friend close to Clooney told The Mirror.
"He wants to do more humanitarian work and hopes to join the Democrats' 2016 election campaign...Now [that] he has Amal by his side it will give him more credibility to run for office."
Considering that the 36-year-old lawyer is from a Druze family of sheikhs, the Hollywood star should be worried about his actor lifestyle, including his pastime of drinking alcohol.
"Amal, being cosmopolitan and a world-famous barrister, obviously doesn't have the same issues with George, but will she convince her family that she's making the right choice?" the publication reported.
"The Descendants" actor's womanizing past also worries his bride-to-be and she doesn't know if he can connect with her family's strict culture, knowing that her extended family are strictly religious and conservative people. How are they going to deal with George's movie star status?
If the two decided to marry, their children will not be Druze since the actor cannot convert to their religion. This is one of the many issues that Amal's family are reportedly not happy about their engagement.
There are rumors that the couple plan to walk down the aisle in September in Italy. But still there are no reports yet on the date of their big day.
Clooney will star on his upcoming Disney movie, "Tomorrowland," on May 22, 2015, alongside Hugh Laurie, Judy Greer and Brit Robertson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change