George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin: Couple Getting Cold Feet, Reasons 'They Won’t Tie the Knot'
By Riza Ornos | June 8, 2014 10:26 PM EST
After two months the serial dater a.k.a. George Clooney has decided to propose to Ama Alamuddin, rumors of the couple's impending breakup is already in the horizon.
According to Celebrity Laundry, "George and Amal are both getting cold feet about the marriage, despite diving headfirst into their engagement."
The two-time Oscar-winning actor popped the question to the human rights lawyer in April 28 after they've been dating for 8 months. Reports said the actor's decision was one of his moves for his political ambition. Amal is a woman who can stand tall right by his side if he decides to run for office with her family within the lineage of politicians.
"He has big ambitions and aims to get into politics imminently," a friend close to Clooney told The Mirror.
"He wants to do more humanitarian work and hopes to join the Democrats' 2016 election campaign...Now [that] he has Amal by his side it will give him more credibility to run for office."
Considering that the 36-year-old lawyer is from a Druze family of sheikhs, the Hollywood star should be worried about his actor lifestyle, including his pastime of drinking alcohol.
"Amal, being cosmopolitan and a world-famous barrister, obviously doesn't have the same issues with George, but will she convince her family that she's making the right choice?" the publication reported.
"The Descendants" actor's womanizing past also worries his bride-to-be and she doesn't know if he can connect with her family's strict culture, knowing that her extended family are strictly religious and conservative people. How are they going to deal with George's movie star status?
If the two decided to marry, their children will not be Druze since the actor cannot convert to their religion. This is one of the many issues that Amal's family are reportedly not happy about their engagement.
There are rumors that the couple plan to walk down the aisle in September in Italy. But still there are no reports yet on the date of their big day.
Clooney will star on his upcoming Disney movie, "Tomorrowland," on May 22, 2015, alongside Hugh Laurie, Judy Greer and Brit Robertson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage