George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin: Couple Getting Cold Feet, Reasons 'They Won’t Tie the Knot'
By Riza Ornos | June 8, 2014 10:26 PM EST
After two months the serial dater a.k.a. George Clooney has decided to propose to Ama Alamuddin, rumors of the couple's impending breakup is already in the horizon.
According to Celebrity Laundry, "George and Amal are both getting cold feet about the marriage, despite diving headfirst into their engagement."
The two-time Oscar-winning actor popped the question to the human rights lawyer in April 28 after they've been dating for 8 months. Reports said the actor's decision was one of his moves for his political ambition. Amal is a woman who can stand tall right by his side if he decides to run for office with her family within the lineage of politicians.
"He has big ambitions and aims to get into politics imminently," a friend close to Clooney told The Mirror.
"He wants to do more humanitarian work and hopes to join the Democrats' 2016 election campaign...Now [that] he has Amal by his side it will give him more credibility to run for office."
Considering that the 36-year-old lawyer is from a Druze family of sheikhs, the Hollywood star should be worried about his actor lifestyle, including his pastime of drinking alcohol.
"Amal, being cosmopolitan and a world-famous barrister, obviously doesn't have the same issues with George, but will she convince her family that she's making the right choice?" the publication reported.
"The Descendants" actor's womanizing past also worries his bride-to-be and she doesn't know if he can connect with her family's strict culture, knowing that her extended family are strictly religious and conservative people. How are they going to deal with George's movie star status?
If the two decided to marry, their children will not be Druze since the actor cannot convert to their religion. This is one of the many issues that Amal's family are reportedly not happy about their engagement.
There are rumors that the couple plan to walk down the aisle in September in Italy. But still there are no reports yet on the date of their big day.
Clooney will star on his upcoming Disney movie, "Tomorrowland," on May 22, 2015, alongside Hugh Laurie, Judy Greer and Brit Robertson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal