George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin: Couple Getting Cold Feet, Reasons 'They Won’t Tie the Knot'
By Riza Ornos | June 8, 2014 10:26 PM EST
After two months the serial dater a.k.a. George Clooney has decided to propose to Ama Alamuddin, rumors of the couple's impending breakup is already in the horizon.
According to Celebrity Laundry, "George and Amal are both getting cold feet about the marriage, despite diving headfirst into their engagement."
The two-time Oscar-winning actor popped the question to the human rights lawyer in April 28 after they've been dating for 8 months. Reports said the actor's decision was one of his moves for his political ambition. Amal is a woman who can stand tall right by his side if he decides to run for office with her family within the lineage of politicians.
"He has big ambitions and aims to get into politics imminently," a friend close to Clooney told The Mirror.
"He wants to do more humanitarian work and hopes to join the Democrats' 2016 election campaign...Now [that] he has Amal by his side it will give him more credibility to run for office."
Considering that the 36-year-old lawyer is from a Druze family of sheikhs, the Hollywood star should be worried about his actor lifestyle, including his pastime of drinking alcohol.
"Amal, being cosmopolitan and a world-famous barrister, obviously doesn't have the same issues with George, but will she convince her family that she's making the right choice?" the publication reported.
"The Descendants" actor's womanizing past also worries his bride-to-be and she doesn't know if he can connect with her family's strict culture, knowing that her extended family are strictly religious and conservative people. How are they going to deal with George's movie star status?
If the two decided to marry, their children will not be Druze since the actor cannot convert to their religion. This is one of the many issues that Amal's family are reportedly not happy about their engagement.
There are rumors that the couple plan to walk down the aisle in September in Italy. But still there are no reports yet on the date of their big day.
Clooney will star on his upcoming Disney movie, "Tomorrowland," on May 22, 2015, alongside Hugh Laurie, Judy Greer and Brit Robertson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS