Apple's Swift Bared: Its Whereabouts Exposed
By Naveena Joy | June 8, 2014 9:39 PM EST
Apple has rolled out Swift, a new programming language that has gotten a huge round of applause from the audience.
The Verge reported "it's easy to understand this is a big deal." Apple's traditional choice of language, Objective-C, has been working for Macs, iPhones and iPads from the time it started in about 30 years. For Apple, it is bound to bring in something new from the developing side.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California.
Apple promises that Swift is considerably faster to execute than Python and faster than Objective-C. But CNET also cited the language also supports "playgrounds" within the Xcode developer environment that visualizes Swift code like a scripting language.
The next big thing about Swift as the Verge suggests is that the programmers can write their codes and see the results in real time. In comparison to the old tradition, developers writing line after line of code in the text box, then compiling the results is a lengthy, painful and productivity denting task.
With Swift, the developers in the same coding environment can see the changes happen right away by punching in a parameter or algorithm. This results in faster understanding of the concepts in a lesser time.
To summarize, CNET cited the ability to quickly and easily test apps the moment it is written is highly potential for developers in creating complex apps faster. Swift can make a major impact on the compilation and testing process as it enables application developers to release more thoroughly tested apps quickly.
Also, Swift is a short language where writing is minimal and could speed up app development.
If Swift proves to faster than Objective-C, then it could also see impressive graphics in games with the help of Apple's new Metal interface and more compatibility from other apps without buying a new phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family