Apple's Swift Bared: Its Whereabouts Exposed
By Naveena Joy | June 8, 2014 9:39 PM EST
Apple has rolled out Swift, a new programming language that has gotten a huge round of applause from the audience.
The Verge reported "it's easy to understand this is a big deal." Apple's traditional choice of language, Objective-C, has been working for Macs, iPhones and iPads from the time it started in about 30 years. For Apple, it is bound to bring in something new from the developing side.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California.
Apple promises that Swift is considerably faster to execute than Python and faster than Objective-C. But CNET also cited the language also supports "playgrounds" within the Xcode developer environment that visualizes Swift code like a scripting language.
The next big thing about Swift as the Verge suggests is that the programmers can write their codes and see the results in real time. In comparison to the old tradition, developers writing line after line of code in the text box, then compiling the results is a lengthy, painful and productivity denting task.
With Swift, the developers in the same coding environment can see the changes happen right away by punching in a parameter or algorithm. This results in faster understanding of the concepts in a lesser time.
To summarize, CNET cited the ability to quickly and easily test apps the moment it is written is highly potential for developers in creating complex apps faster. Swift can make a major impact on the compilation and testing process as it enables application developers to release more thoroughly tested apps quickly.
Also, Swift is a short language where writing is minimal and could speed up app development.
If Swift proves to faster than Objective-C, then it could also see impressive graphics in games with the help of Apple's new Metal interface and more compatibility from other apps without buying a new phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best