Apple's Swift Bared: Its Whereabouts Exposed
By Naveena Joy | June 8, 2014 9:39 PM EST
Apple has rolled out Swift, a new programming language that has gotten a huge round of applause from the audience.
The Verge reported "it's easy to understand this is a big deal." Apple's traditional choice of language, Objective-C, has been working for Macs, iPhones and iPads from the time it started in about 30 years. For Apple, it is bound to bring in something new from the developing side.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California.
Apple promises that Swift is considerably faster to execute than Python and faster than Objective-C. But CNET also cited the language also supports "playgrounds" within the Xcode developer environment that visualizes Swift code like a scripting language.
The next big thing about Swift as the Verge suggests is that the programmers can write their codes and see the results in real time. In comparison to the old tradition, developers writing line after line of code in the text box, then compiling the results is a lengthy, painful and productivity denting task.
With Swift, the developers in the same coding environment can see the changes happen right away by punching in a parameter or algorithm. This results in faster understanding of the concepts in a lesser time.
To summarize, CNET cited the ability to quickly and easily test apps the moment it is written is highly potential for developers in creating complex apps faster. Swift can make a major impact on the compilation and testing process as it enables application developers to release more thoroughly tested apps quickly.
Also, Swift is a short language where writing is minimal and could speed up app development.
If Swift proves to faster than Objective-C, then it could also see impressive graphics in games with the help of Apple's new Metal interface and more compatibility from other apps without buying a new phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues