Microsoft Surface Pro 3 vs. Google Nexus 10 – Specifications and Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 8, 2014 11:29 AM EST
The Google Nexus 10, on the other hand, was released in November 2012. It is worth noting that, Google has already sent the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat OTA update to Nexus 10 devices. Interested readers can check out the manual installation steps from IBTimes.
Readers who are planning to purchase the Surface Pro 3 or the Nexus 10, here is a specification and price comparison pertaining to Australia.
Display and Size
The Surface Pro 3 comes with a 12 inches screen, while the Nexus 10 features a 10 inches display. Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 packs a resolution of 2,160 x 1,440 pixels, while the Nexus 10 comes with a superior 2,560 x 1,600 pixels screen resolution.
The dimensions of the Surface Pro 3 are 11.5 x 7.93 x 0.36 inches and it weighs much higher than Nexus 10 at 798 g. The Nexus 10, on the other hand, comes with the following dimensions 10.39 x 6.99 x 0.35 inches and it weighs a 603 g.
Hardware and Software
Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 is powered by Intel Core processor. The company provides 3 different processor options to choose from: 4th generation Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor options with 4 GB or 8 GB of RAM. In addition, the device houses TPM Chip for enterprise security.
The Nexus 10, on the other hand, is powered by a dual-core (Exynos 5250) Cortex-A15 processor, clocked at 1.7 GHz and it houses 2 GB of RAM.
The Surface Pro 3 comes with built-in storage of 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB and 512 GB with microSD card support, whereas the Nexus 10 comes with 16 GB, and 32 GB of internal storage capacity with no microSD card support.
Camera and Battery
The Surface Pro 3 houses two 5 MP rear and front-facing cameras, while the Nexus 10 houses a 5 MP rear-facing camera and a 1.9 MP front-facing camera unit.
The Google Nexus 10 houses a whopping non-removable 9000 mAh Lithium polymer unit. The tablet can provide up to 9 hours of battery charge with multimedia usage and up to 500 hours of stand-by time. Microsoft claims that the Surface Pro 3 can provide up to 9 hours of battery charge. Nevertheless, the company has not specified the details of the Surface Pro 3's battery yet.
The Surface Pro 3 comes in silver shade, while the Nexus 10 tablet comes in black colour.
Price and Release Date
Potential buyers can pre-order Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft's official Web site. According to the Web site, the shipment of the device would start from August 31, 2014 in Australia. In addition, the same device can also be purchased from Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi in August.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family