Croc Snatches Aussie Man from Boat in Kakadu National Park
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 7, 2014 11:28 PM EST
A crocodile snatched an Australian man from a boat at the Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory on Saturday afternoon.
Around half of the crocodiles are still on the loose after escaping from the South African farm (Reuters)
The man's wife, son and daughter-in-law were with him when the incident happened, reports ABC.
Park Superintendent Bob Harrison said that son is involved in the initial search for his father whom ABC said was 52, but Perth Now said the man was 62.
Harrison recalled that his office received a call from the manager of the Gagudju lodge of reports by walk-in people who witnesses the seizure of the man by the reptile. He said the park has deployed eight people to conduct the search for the man and if they don't locate him by night, they would add more searchers.
It is not the first incident of a croc attack in the same par. In January, a 12-year-old boy died after a similar attack took place. The victim was swimming with friends in a billabong west of Jabiru. Authorities later found human remains in the area believed to be that of the boy.
In August 2013, the victim was a 26-year-old man who was swimming in the Mary River near the waterway's Wilderness Retreat, while in December 2012, a 9-year-old boy also swimming with friends at a Northern Territory beach at Port Bradshaw was also killed by a croc.
From 1987 to 2012, 15 other crocodile attacks were recorded in NT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Latest UFO Sighting Arizona: Couple See A Strange House That Appears Out Of Nowhere And Disappears, MUFON Report
- Astronomical Events October 2014: Blood-Red Total Lunar Eclipse, Solar Eclipse, Two Meteor Showers And Other Occurrences To Watch Out For
- Couple Who Paid Young Girls To Stomp Puppy To Death Gets Life Sentence
- NASA's Curiosity Rover Discovers Water On Martian Soil: Mars Not A Dry Planet
- Malaysian Flight MH370 Latest Update: New Search Images Reveal Unknown Seabed Details In The Indian Ocean [Watch Video]
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money