Croc Snatches Aussie Man from Boat in Kakadu National Park
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 7, 2014 11:28 PM EST
A crocodile snatched an Australian man from a boat at the Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory on Saturday afternoon.
Around half of the crocodiles are still on the loose after escaping from the South African farm (Reuters)
The man's wife, son and daughter-in-law were with him when the incident happened, reports ABC.
Park Superintendent Bob Harrison said that son is involved in the initial search for his father whom ABC said was 52, but Perth Now said the man was 62.
Harrison recalled that his office received a call from the manager of the Gagudju lodge of reports by walk-in people who witnesses the seizure of the man by the reptile. He said the park has deployed eight people to conduct the search for the man and if they don't locate him by night, they would add more searchers.
It is not the first incident of a croc attack in the same par. In January, a 12-year-old boy died after a similar attack took place. The victim was swimming with friends in a billabong west of Jabiru. Authorities later found human remains in the area believed to be that of the boy.
In August 2013, the victim was a 26-year-old man who was swimming in the Mary River near the waterway's Wilderness Retreat, while in December 2012, a 9-year-old boy also swimming with friends at a Northern Territory beach at Port Bradshaw was also killed by a croc.
From 1987 to 2012, 15 other crocodile attacks were recorded in NT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports