Croc Snatches Aussie Man from Boat in Kakadu National Park
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 7, 2014 11:28 PM EST
A crocodile snatched an Australian man from a boat at the Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory on Saturday afternoon.
Around half of the crocodiles are still on the loose after escaping from the South African farm (Reuters)
The man's wife, son and daughter-in-law were with him when the incident happened, reports ABC.
Park Superintendent Bob Harrison said that son is involved in the initial search for his father whom ABC said was 52, but Perth Now said the man was 62.
Harrison recalled that his office received a call from the manager of the Gagudju lodge of reports by walk-in people who witnesses the seizure of the man by the reptile. He said the park has deployed eight people to conduct the search for the man and if they don't locate him by night, they would add more searchers.
It is not the first incident of a croc attack in the same par. In January, a 12-year-old boy died after a similar attack took place. The victim was swimming with friends in a billabong west of Jabiru. Authorities later found human remains in the area believed to be that of the boy.
In August 2013, the victim was a 26-year-old man who was swimming in the Mary River near the waterway's Wilderness Retreat, while in December 2012, a 9-year-old boy also swimming with friends at a Northern Territory beach at Port Bradshaw was also killed by a croc.
From 1987 to 2012, 15 other crocodile attacks were recorded in NT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Sighting: Giant 5 Mile Wide UFO Spotted Over the Ocean in NASA Photograph [Watch Video]
- UFO Sighting In Portsmouth: Sign Of Alien Life Or Smudge On The Camera [Watch Video]
- Lifestyle Changes Reduces Risk of Dementia, According To World Alzheimer Report 2014
- Mysterious Fireball Spotted Over The Rockies Was A Russian Spy Satellite, Experts Say
- UFO-Sculpture Built To Mark Rendlesham UFO Incident; To Be Installed At Forest Site
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed