Croc Snatches Aussie Man from Boat in Kakadu National Park
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 7, 2014 11:28 PM EST
A crocodile snatched an Australian man from a boat at the Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory on Saturday afternoon.
Around half of the crocodiles are still on the loose after escaping from the South African farm (Reuters)
The man's wife, son and daughter-in-law were with him when the incident happened, reports ABC.
Park Superintendent Bob Harrison said that son is involved in the initial search for his father whom ABC said was 52, but Perth Now said the man was 62.
Harrison recalled that his office received a call from the manager of the Gagudju lodge of reports by walk-in people who witnesses the seizure of the man by the reptile. He said the park has deployed eight people to conduct the search for the man and if they don't locate him by night, they would add more searchers.
It is not the first incident of a croc attack in the same par. In January, a 12-year-old boy died after a similar attack took place. The victim was swimming with friends in a billabong west of Jabiru. Authorities later found human remains in the area believed to be that of the boy.
In August 2013, the victim was a 26-year-old man who was swimming in the Mary River near the waterway's Wilderness Retreat, while in December 2012, a 9-year-old boy also swimming with friends at a Northern Territory beach at Port Bradshaw was also killed by a croc.
From 1987 to 2012, 15 other crocodile attacks were recorded in NT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop