Croc Snatches Aussie Man from Boat in Kakadu National Park
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 7, 2014 11:28 PM EST
A crocodile snatched an Australian man from a boat at the Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory on Saturday afternoon.
Around half of the crocodiles are still on the loose after escaping from the South African farm (Reuters)
The man's wife, son and daughter-in-law were with him when the incident happened, reports ABC.
Park Superintendent Bob Harrison said that son is involved in the initial search for his father whom ABC said was 52, but Perth Now said the man was 62.
Harrison recalled that his office received a call from the manager of the Gagudju lodge of reports by walk-in people who witnesses the seizure of the man by the reptile. He said the park has deployed eight people to conduct the search for the man and if they don't locate him by night, they would add more searchers.
It is not the first incident of a croc attack in the same par. In January, a 12-year-old boy died after a similar attack took place. The victim was swimming with friends in a billabong west of Jabiru. Authorities later found human remains in the area believed to be that of the boy.
In August 2013, the victim was a 26-year-old man who was swimming in the Mary River near the waterway's Wilderness Retreat, while in December 2012, a 9-year-old boy also swimming with friends at a Northern Territory beach at Port Bradshaw was also killed by a croc.
From 1987 to 2012, 15 other crocodile attacks were recorded in NT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports