Liverpool FC Transfer News: Barcelona to Sign Reds Target Sevilla Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 6, 2014 11:38 PM EST
Spanish giants FC Barcelona are set to snatch Sevilla midfielder Ivan Rakitic, leaving the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United with heartaches.
“In an ideal world, he would stay but I know he has several offers. If he leaves, we'll try and sign another Rakitic.” - Sevilla boss Unai Emery on Ivan Rakitic
The Croat international helped the Red and Whites to a fifth-place finish in the La Liga, guaranteeing a return to Europe, while captaining his side to victory during the finals of the 2013/14 Europa League.
He was able to contribute 15 goals and 18 assists in what seemed to be a very impressive season, catching attention from top clubs around the continent.
"I could understand if Rakitic leaves,"Sevilla boss Unai Emery told the Express.
"In an ideal world, he would stay but I know he has several offers. If he leaves, we'll try and sign another Rakitic."
Barca are suggested to have sealed a £16million deal to bring the central playmaker to the Nou camp, as they undergo a transition phase, which is normally accompanied by changes in the squad roster, under new manager Luis Enrique.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu