Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Players will be Delighted to have Barcelona Midfielder as Teammate
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 6, 2014 10:39 PM EST
Chelsea players Fernando Torres and Cesar Azpilicueta admitted that they would love to play alongside FC Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas in a blue uniform.
The former Arsenal skipper's future is marred with controversy as of late, with a revelation coming from Barca teammate Gerard Pique stating that the 27-year-old is underappreciated at the Nou Camp.
“He is a kind of player that Chelsea don't have at the moment." - Fernando Torres on Cesc Fabregas
"He is a kind of player that Chelsea don't have at the moment," Torres told Movistar.
"Great players are always great signings. We know him well, he was one of the best players in the Premier League while playing for Arsenal and is a player who brings a lot to the team."
"He is a player who brings ball control and goals. If he feels important, if he feels like a leader he proved at Arsenal that can lead a squad."
Meanwhile, Azpilicueta shares Torres' view on having their compatriot ply his trade at west London.
"All I can say is what I already know about him. He's a great central midfielder with plenty of experience in the Premier League. The best players are always welcome at the best clubs," said the Blues defender.
"In my personal opinion, he's a special player."
"Few teams have this kind of player in their team, a central midfielder who gets forward really well and has great vision of the game, whilst there's also his statistics, which speak for themselves."
"He can adapt to various positions. Right now, we don't have a player like Cesc at Chelsea."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills