Chelsea FC News: Blues Manager Confirms Playmaker's Exit, But Reveals Possibility of a Return
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 6, 2014 10:19 PM EST
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho confirmed that veteran playmaker Frank Lampard will no longer be a part of the Blues squad next season, at least on the pitch, but revealed that the latter may take part in a different role.
“Mr Abramovich - the No.1, the most important person - wants very much for Frank to be back, I want him to be back, the staff want him to be back, so he comes back, for sure.” - Jose Mourinho on Frank Lampard
"You can't imagine how difficult it was," the Portuguese boss told Sky Sports.
"But at the same time, I can feel some happiness about the process because, for sure, he comes back to Chelsea."
Lampard, who is an iconic figure at Stamford Bridge, having played 13 seasons with them since arriving in 2001, will be given a privilege by owner Roman Abramovich to return to west London in any capacity that he may want.
"Mr Abramovich - the No.1, the most important person - wants very much for Frank to be back, I want him to be back, the staff want him to be back, so he comes back, for sure," he added.
"The other thing is that he can come back the way he wants. Mr Abramovich has left the door completely open for him on the understanding Frank can do anything he wants at this club."
"He can come back when he wants and, to repeat Mr Abramovich's words, the way he wants.""He can be a coach, he can start at the academy, he can start being my assistant at the same time because he is doing his coaching badges or he can start in a different role."
"It's not the end of Frank Lampard's career in Chelsea. It's just a little break."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks