Chelsea FC News: Blues Manager Confirms Playmaker's Exit, But Reveals Possibility of a Return
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 6, 2014 10:19 PM EST
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho confirmed that veteran playmaker Frank Lampard will no longer be a part of the Blues squad next season, at least on the pitch, but revealed that the latter may take part in a different role.
“Mr Abramovich - the No.1, the most important person - wants very much for Frank to be back, I want him to be back, the staff want him to be back, so he comes back, for sure.” - Jose Mourinho on Frank Lampard
"You can't imagine how difficult it was," the Portuguese boss told Sky Sports.
"But at the same time, I can feel some happiness about the process because, for sure, he comes back to Chelsea."
Lampard, who is an iconic figure at Stamford Bridge, having played 13 seasons with them since arriving in 2001, will be given a privilege by owner Roman Abramovich to return to west London in any capacity that he may want.
"Mr Abramovich - the No.1, the most important person - wants very much for Frank to be back, I want him to be back, the staff want him to be back, so he comes back, for sure," he added.
"The other thing is that he can come back the way he wants. Mr Abramovich has left the door completely open for him on the understanding Frank can do anything he wants at this club."
"He can come back when he wants and, to repeat Mr Abramovich's words, the way he wants.""He can be a coach, he can start at the academy, he can start being my assistant at the same time because he is doing his coaching badges or he can start in a different role."
"It's not the end of Frank Lampard's career in Chelsea. It's just a little break."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy