Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Land Promising Greek Defender as First Signing
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 6, 2014 9:56 PM EST
Arsenal have reportedly signed defender Elias Chatzitheodoridis from Greek side Mas Kallitheakos.
The 17-year-old promising left-back impressed backroom staff in Greece, and was handed a trial with the Gunners' academy in the same country.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger prides himself of investing in young players
He was eventually given the opportunity to fly to London to show his wares as a part of Arsenal's youth team, wherein he apparently had a successful spell as Arsene Wenger decided to keep him at the Emirates.
Greek source On Volos suggests that Chatzitheodoridis penned a two-year deal with the north Londoners and will ply his trade with their youth team in the upcoming term.
Wenger has been known to trust and invest in youth throughout his career, so it's no surprise that his first signing is an up and coming player.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones