Two Suspects Arrested on Miley Cyrus' Stolen Maserati Case
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 6, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Quick action by the LAPD resulted in the arrest of two people in connection with a burglary and grand theft auto incident on pop star Miley Cyrus' home.
REUTERS/Maja Suslin/TT News Ag
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs during her concert at the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, in this May 30, 2014 picture provided by TT News Agency.
Burglars broke into Miley's home in North Hollywood where they were able to run off with the "Wrecking Ball" singer's jewelry as well as her white, 2014 Maserati Quattroporte which reportedly costs over $100,000.
The burglary was reported at about 4 pm. on Friday after a call alerted the police to the incident. Surveillance videos showed one male and one female scaling the fence to gain access to Miley's home. Said surveillance video has also led to the recognition of the two suspects.
21-year-old Naomi Charles, of Los Angeles, and 19-year-old Arizona resident Tylor Scott were stopped by LAPD officers while they were walking somewhere in North Hollywood yesterday close to a week after the incident took place. Earlier descriptions of the suspects indicated that the police were searching for a white male who was wearing a white t-shirt and skinny jeans. The description came from a witness who saw the man dropping off the Maserati where it was later found.
No information has so far been found about the missing jewelry but the Maserati has been recovered in Simi Valley, California where it was parked in plain sight out on a street. The car was left abandoned all weekend and was only recovered on Monday. It was later processed for fingerprints.
Miley was away on her "Bangerz" tour when the incident and no one was in her home. The tour takes her to Helskini, Finland and other cities in Denmark, Germany, Spain and more. She will be expected to return to the US sometime in July.
The singer also suffered a previous burglary in November last year when robbers broke into her home a day after her 21st birthday. Over $100,000 worth of jewelry and purses were also reportedly stolen from the singer during the first incident last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation