Two Suspects Arrested on Miley Cyrus' Stolen Maserati Case
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 6, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Quick action by the LAPD resulted in the arrest of two people in connection with a burglary and grand theft auto incident on pop star Miley Cyrus' home.
REUTERS/Maja Suslin/TT News Ag
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs during her concert at the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, in this May 30, 2014 picture provided by TT News Agency.
Burglars broke into Miley's home in North Hollywood where they were able to run off with the "Wrecking Ball" singer's jewelry as well as her white, 2014 Maserati Quattroporte which reportedly costs over $100,000.
The burglary was reported at about 4 pm. on Friday after a call alerted the police to the incident. Surveillance videos showed one male and one female scaling the fence to gain access to Miley's home. Said surveillance video has also led to the recognition of the two suspects.
21-year-old Naomi Charles, of Los Angeles, and 19-year-old Arizona resident Tylor Scott were stopped by LAPD officers while they were walking somewhere in North Hollywood yesterday close to a week after the incident took place. Earlier descriptions of the suspects indicated that the police were searching for a white male who was wearing a white t-shirt and skinny jeans. The description came from a witness who saw the man dropping off the Maserati where it was later found.
No information has so far been found about the missing jewelry but the Maserati has been recovered in Simi Valley, California where it was parked in plain sight out on a street. The car was left abandoned all weekend and was only recovered on Monday. It was later processed for fingerprints.
Miley was away on her "Bangerz" tour when the incident and no one was in her home. The tour takes her to Helskini, Finland and other cities in Denmark, Germany, Spain and more. She will be expected to return to the US sometime in July.
The singer also suffered a previous burglary in November last year when robbers broke into her home a day after her 21st birthday. Over $100,000 worth of jewelry and purses were also reportedly stolen from the singer during the first incident last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists