Two Suspects Arrested on Miley Cyrus' Stolen Maserati Case
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 6, 2014 5:22 PM EST
Quick action by the LAPD resulted in the arrest of two people in connection with a burglary and grand theft auto incident on pop star Miley Cyrus' home.
REUTERS/Maja Suslin/TT News Ag
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs during her concert at the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, in this May 30, 2014 picture provided by TT News Agency.
Burglars broke into Miley's home in North Hollywood where they were able to run off with the "Wrecking Ball" singer's jewelry as well as her white, 2014 Maserati Quattroporte which reportedly costs over $100,000.
The burglary was reported at about 4 pm. on Friday after a call alerted the police to the incident. Surveillance videos showed one male and one female scaling the fence to gain access to Miley's home. Said surveillance video has also led to the recognition of the two suspects.
21-year-old Naomi Charles, of Los Angeles, and 19-year-old Arizona resident Tylor Scott were stopped by LAPD officers while they were walking somewhere in North Hollywood yesterday close to a week after the incident took place. Earlier descriptions of the suspects indicated that the police were searching for a white male who was wearing a white t-shirt and skinny jeans. The description came from a witness who saw the man dropping off the Maserati where it was later found.
No information has so far been found about the missing jewelry but the Maserati has been recovered in Simi Valley, California where it was parked in plain sight out on a street. The car was left abandoned all weekend and was only recovered on Monday. It was later processed for fingerprints.
Miley was away on her "Bangerz" tour when the incident and no one was in her home. The tour takes her to Helskini, Finland and other cities in Denmark, Germany, Spain and more. She will be expected to return to the US sometime in July.
The singer also suffered a previous burglary in November last year when robbers broke into her home a day after her 21st birthday. Over $100,000 worth of jewelry and purses were also reportedly stolen from the singer during the first incident last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers