How to Root and Install CWM on Nexus 7 Running Android 4.4.3 KTU84L KitKat
By Ryan Inoyori | June 6, 2014 4:42 PM EST
Once you've updated your ASUS Nexus 7 2013 tablet, you now have the option to gain root access and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod which allows flashing of custom ROMs and management of certain applications.
Rooting the ASUS Nexus 7 2013 requires certain files and some knowledge with the Command Window due to a command line needed for execution. Additionally, you need to setup the Android SDK and Fastboot to perform the procedure based on Team Android.
1. ASUS Nexus 7 2013 tablet running Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L build version.
2. Manually backup all stored files and settings on your tablet.
3. It should have at least 70 per cent battery level.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on your device.
5. Download the necessary USB drivers on your computer for ASUS Nexus 7 2013.
6. Download and install the Android SDK on your computer.
7. Download the Fastboot tools according to the OS of your machine then extract all the contents to the "android-sdk-windows/platform-tools" directory.
a. Windows PC
b. MAC OS
c. Linux OS
8. Setup the ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK on your computer before rooting the device.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Nexus 7 tablet. Download and install the required files to preventing issues to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your ASUS Nexus 7 2013 tablet to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Transfer the SuperSu zip file to the internal storage aka SD card of your tablet.
3. Turn off the Nexus 7 tablet.
4. Go back to the computer and transfer the files of ClockworkMod custom recovery to the "android-sdk-windows/platform-tools" directory.
5. Reboot the tablet into Boot loader mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power keys at the same time.
6. Go back to the computer and go to "android-sdk-windows/platform-tools" directory then open a Command Window. Press the Shift key on the keyboard then right-click inside the folder to open a Command Window.
7. Type in the following commands in the Command Window and then press the Enter key:
a. "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-flo.img" (exclude the quotation marks).
8. Once the installation has been completed, select "recovery" to go to Recovery mode.
9. Now select "install/flash from zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the SuperSU zip file > confirm installation."
10. Go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now." Your device may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
11. To check the root access status, download the Root Checker app from the Play Store or go to the App Menu and look for the SuperSU app.
If you have any bugs or issues, please send your feedback to the official thread of Team Android.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Android L and Windows Phone 8.1: Top Features Why Users Must Upgrade As Soon As Possible
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features