How to Root and Install CWM on Nexus 7 Running Android 4.4.3 KTU84L KitKat
By Ryan Inoyori | June 6, 2014 4:42 PM EST
Once you've updated your ASUS Nexus 7 2013 tablet, you now have the option to gain root access and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod which allows flashing of custom ROMs and management of certain applications.
Rooting the ASUS Nexus 7 2013 requires certain files and some knowledge with the Command Window due to a command line needed for execution. Additionally, you need to setup the Android SDK and Fastboot to perform the procedure based on Team Android.
1. ASUS Nexus 7 2013 tablet running Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L build version.
2. Manually backup all stored files and settings on your tablet.
3. It should have at least 70 per cent battery level.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on your device.
5. Download the necessary USB drivers on your computer for ASUS Nexus 7 2013.
6. Download and install the Android SDK on your computer.
7. Download the Fastboot tools according to the OS of your machine then extract all the contents to the "android-sdk-windows/platform-tools" directory.
a. Windows PC
b. MAC OS
c. Linux OS
8. Setup the ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK on your computer before rooting the device.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Nexus 7 tablet. Download and install the required files to preventing issues to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your ASUS Nexus 7 2013 tablet to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Transfer the SuperSu zip file to the internal storage aka SD card of your tablet.
3. Turn off the Nexus 7 tablet.
4. Go back to the computer and transfer the files of ClockworkMod custom recovery to the "android-sdk-windows/platform-tools" directory.
5. Reboot the tablet into Boot loader mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power keys at the same time.
6. Go back to the computer and go to "android-sdk-windows/platform-tools" directory then open a Command Window. Press the Shift key on the keyboard then right-click inside the folder to open a Command Window.
7. Type in the following commands in the Command Window and then press the Enter key:
a. "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-22.214.171.124-flo.img" (exclude the quotation marks).
8. Once the installation has been completed, select "recovery" to go to Recovery mode.
9. Now select "install/flash from zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the SuperSU zip file > confirm installation."
10. Go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now." Your device may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
11. To check the root access status, download the Root Checker app from the Play Store or go to the App Menu and look for the SuperSU app.
If you have any bugs or issues, please send your feedback to the official thread of Team Android.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- The Latest Nikon D750 Costs $2500, But The Full Frame Model Is Worth The Buy
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: Sledgehammer Games Releases Launch Trailer, Smooth Multiplayer And Dedicated Servers
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored