'22 Jumpstreet' Ice Cube Defends Jonah Hill, Wants to 'Kick the Paparazzi in the Ass'
By Tanya Diente | June 6, 2014 4:34 PM EST
In a recent video interview, "22 Jumpstreet" actor and rapper Ice Cube defends Jonah Hill on his use of gay slur. He also thinks the paparazzo should be "kicked in the ass."
Cast member Ice Cube arrives for the premiere of "22 Jump Street" in New York June 4, 2014.
Ice Cube and directors Christopher Miller and Phil Lord sat down with Huffpost Live for a video interview about their movie, "22 Jumpstreet." They also touched on the controversy fellow "22 Jumpstreet" co-star, Jonah Hill, is facing for using a gay slur at a paparazzo.
In the video interview, Ice Cube defended Jonah Hill on his use of a gay slur at a paparazzo. Ice Cube said he gives people a little room to say stupid stuff and also defended Hill. "We all say something stupid every now and then," he said.
However, Ice Cube also thinks the paparazzo should be blamed for why Jonah Hill had to use the gay slur.
"What we really need to do is kick the paparazzi in the ass," Ice Cube said in the video interview. "It's extremely annoying to be sitting somewhere, and somebody's 20 feet away with a camera pointing on you and you don't know how long that camera's been on you," he added.
Ice Cube admitted he wouldn't have blamed Jonah Hill for hurling the gay slur at the paparazzo. "They're all over the place, they intrude, they interfere. They basically force an interview on you without even going through the publicist!," the actor-rapper said.
Ice Cube also thinks having the paparazzi around gets annoying. He's even surprised Jonah Hill didn't kick the paparazzo in the ass.
Christopher Miller also shared his thoughts on the gay slur controversy Jonah Hill is facing. In the video interview, the "22 Jumpstreet" director said he thinks the incident with Jonah Hill is "very disappointing and surprising," since it wasn't the Jonah Hill they know.
"22 Jumpstreet" made its red carpet premiere on June 4. According to newmagazine, Ice Cube told reporters at the premiere that Jonah Hill is very sorry for upsetting people when he used the gay slur. Ice Cube also refered to his "22 Jumpstreet" co-star as a "good guy." He thinks Jonah Hill's apology was very sincere.
"All the guy can do is apologise for saying something stupid," Ice Cube said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports